Supertrapp custom made exhaust

what's the outer diameter of the headers where it connects to the slipon? I'm thinking about getting a pipe and welding the supertrap on it, instead of cutting off the slipon.
Dunno for the FZ1. On the 00-03 ZX-9R our mid-pipe outlet diameter is 60mm or 2 3/8," whereas SuperTrapp models come in 2 1/2 or 2.0" ID.

You can see how to fabricate any exhaust to your mid-pipe in <this thread>. The only rule is that the muffler's core diameter be equal to or greater than that of the mid-pipe.

I'll be doing mine next week. I want to keep my center stand, so I'm gong to try and make a stop for it. I may not black mine out. I'll wait and see.

I've ordered a 2.5" inlet 4" disc-only mounting adapter, 6 4" discs, the supertrapp aluminum endcap, and a 120 degree exhaust shield. Due to be delivered Tuesday.

Thanks for the great idea Eric Lawson!

Well I had one really like it. A while back I was ridding with some buddies hit the gas pretty good and bike got a lot louder. Went back but never found the exhaust. Don't know what happen.

Tried that on my 6R. It was either too loud or too restrictive. I had the short can with all the discs + washers between the first 3 row to open it up a bit more.

Well I had one really like it. A while back I was ridding with some buddies hit the gas pretty good and bike got a lot louder. Went back but never found the exhaust. Don't know what happen.

man that sucks I just lost one of my frame sliders iguess it vibrated off but I checked about 20 times and used blue locktite

I kinda like this idea. I did not understand why more disks meant more sound, so I looked it up:

SuperTrapp: Performance Exhaust

Kinda cool the way you can turn the sound to your liking. Anyone tried this on a Gen 1? Any issues with Jetting one would need to consider?

I currently have the Yosh Pipe on it, and while I like the sound, louder is always better.... :Rockon:

Here's the finished product. I used all 6 discs and its plenty loud, but may be suffering in the mid-band. Will try doing 5 discs tomorrow.
Mostly very happy with the updated look. everyone at work says its looks badass.

^^^ You're lacking total exhaust length and volume so mid-range will suffer. Fewer plates will not help.

Agree! There's no way you can flow enough volume of air with just so few discs. I had the Supertrapp short pipe with all 12 discs + washer between the first 3 row to space them out some more. It was barely enough for my for my shit box to breath! No way the FZ1 can run that. I bet you are down 10 hp minimum at top end. Been there... 8 discs was -2hp for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Since my 2011 post, I tossed my 2000 9R off the side of a hill, we both tumbled into some pine trees about 40' down. Long story, but both of us only received minor cosmetic damage (probably due to the high concentration of pine needles). The SuperTrapp got a little nicked and scratched, as you can see here.

Per ST's recommendation for making it look new again, I used fine grit sandpaper to the aluminum exterior. Looks great and we have since hardly skipped a beat. Bike now has over 68,000 miles on it and I've loved every minute of it. She's that much fun!

One guy razzes me about putting her down for good, which I think is a great compliment and makes me laugh. When we're pushing pace, she doesn't give up much to his CBR-1000RR in the corners and at 250+ miles per tank vs. his 120 and watching him stress constantly about where the next gas station is, I think I'll stick with her.

Enjoy YOUR ride.

SuperTrapp equipped ZX-9R (9 diffusers)
Best sound reproduction using a 2.1 or 5.1 subwoofer enabled sound system.​
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lFUWyXmMwE"]Sport Touring with the 2000 ZX-9R[/ame]

Slow ZX-9R (2013)

Any short-term update? Pros v. cons? Pics/videos? I think it does look clean. Almost wickedly trick. Don't know how I'd manage with the heat to my boot though.

:tup:
I'll try to get some video/pics this weekend.
I still love the way it looks. I love all the sounds it makes.
I ride to work 4 days out of the week usually. I have not had any hot boot problems.
The performance loss is kind of bugging me though...

I'll try to get some video/pics this weekend.
I still love the way it looks. I love all the sounds it makes.
I ride to work 4 days out of the week usually. I have not had any hot boot problems.
The performance loss is kind of bugging me though...

That's what I tough... I know how it was restricting my little detune 600... just can't imagine on the FZ1. Gotta be brutal pass 50% throttle!

...The performance loss is kind of bugging me though...
I can't speak for the unit you have on there, except to say that if it is restricting flow at six diffusers and muffler cubic volume isn't an issue, then adding diffusers is your best option. The 4" six-pack w/screws should be under $20.

On my 13" aluminum can it came with a set of 12 diffusers and six stainless steel screws that are long enough to support 20 diffusers.

Back