Suzuki Goes Naked with New GSR750

It looks alright but they don't give much details about suspension adjustability or power output. The gauges look pretty sweet too.
I love my FZ1 but I'm still a big Suzuki fan so I might have been tempted by one of these had they been available when I was looking for a new bike.
Now if they bring out a GSR1000, then I would really be interested :)

I don't see it in the US lineup, but I really didn't expect it to be there. Looks like quite a capable machine. I wouldn't give up my FZ1 for it, but if it had been out there when I was shopping....

Totally FZ8 competition. I'd also take the FZ8 over the GSR750 just on looks, but if the GSR had adjustable suspension and better power, then I'd be swayed.

I guess they took the 'X' out of the name, so it's not a 'gixer', does that make it a 'gezer'? Just wondering... LOL

PS The gear indicator is a nice touch, but I've really never felt the need for one. Over all, nice gauge cluster. The riding position looked a little more agressive than the FZ line, but it was hard to tell from the video. I know my FZ1 pegs are awesome while riding, but they hit right in the side of my leg every time I put my feet down. A little toward the tail might be nice. I think my wife was totally considering an FZ6R (as an upgrade from her 2009 Ninja 250R) until she sat on one and the pegs hit her in the side of the leg. (She is interested in the FZ8... I'm hoping she goes for it!!!) I noticed in the video they specifically said the pegs were set rearward so the rider could easily get their feet on the ground. I'd have to sit on it and ride it to truely know. How the pegs feel while riding is much more important than while stopped (as long as it doesn't make you dump it).

Last edited:
I was thinking exactly the same thing as what you said. I actually liked the instrument cluster the most on the whole bike.

I like having a gear indicator at the track, but never needed it on the street and don't really rely on it at the track, either. Still, it's nice to have it, and if this bike is geared towards intermediate riders, it's probably a good thing.

Also, totally agree on the peg location. I don't think it matters much if you're on a bike that's the right size where they are when stopped, but they have to be comfortable when riding.

Great post, BD. You said what I was thinking!

Totally FZ8 competition.....if the GSR had adjustable suspension and better power, then I'd be swayed.
PS The gear indicator is a nice touch....

I mostly like Suzuki products, and this bike looks interesting to me. As most have noted, clear comp for FZ8 but also replacement of the GSX650F (a sweet bike IMO.)

No real info on suspension & power output. Looks like a cross between Z750 & CB1000R= Not bad looking i like the fact Suzuki have'nt over-styled it too much. No radial mounted brakes?.

Haha another watered-down sad excuse for a naked bike= crap suspension, brakes & remapped to have -25hp than the GSXR750 whats the point?, for a moment there i thought Suzuki might have something. Why would anyone buy this? when the SV650 is half the $ + more fun. The Jappas are suckers for punishment, the European manufactures are killing them= Triple speed + Brutale + RSV4 + S1000R... enough said...

Back