Suzuki to Enter Litre Naked Market

I'm with Ballmead. Had a gixxer 6 and 750 and currently building a k10 600 for the track. The only reason I came to Yamaha was to get the FZ1N... - not that I am complaining about my FZ lol

Suzuki bring this bike to the USA!

Its about time Suzuki got on board with the other companies, :welcome::woot:

I also like the BMW, but they are NOT $13k in CA. They are $15.5K and some LA Honda dealers have 2013 CB100Rs for $9,999.

Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 7.05.26 AM.png

Found a nicer photo. Not sure if this is the confirmed design or just a concept, though

9ete4eva.jpg

Kind of a cross between the gixxer and the B-King, doesn't look all that comfortable for two up riding. I rode a GS1100E for 22 years, followed by a SV1000N before getting the FZ1.

Has anyone ridden the Honda CB1000 R or Kawasaki Z1000 Bikes?

A co-worker said his 2012 GXZR10000 has a much wider power band than my FZ1, because the Yamaha makes all the "Scary" HP above 8k(his words).

If the other two (and this new Suzuki Naked bike) also have better HP and torque in the mid range, I might look into a new bike in a few years.

Honda CB1000R.jpg 2014-Kawasaki-Z1000-video-leak-25.jpg Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 3.30.29 PM.png

I really like the CB1000R. I love the looks and the ergonomics and the general personality of the bike. It's similar in concept to the 919 it replaced; litre bike motor tuned for grunt and smoothness in a very nicely handling chassis (according to reviews). That certainly described my 919! It's old tech now days, very outdated. The Kawi is supposed to be heads-and-tails ahead of the FZ1.

I really like the CB1000R. I love the looks and the ergonomics and the general personality of the bike. It's similar in concept to the 919 it replaced; litre bike motor tuned for grunt and smoothness in a very nicely handling chassis (according to reviews). That certainly described my 919! It's old tech now days, very outdated. The Kawi is supposed to be heads-and-tails ahead of the FZ1.

I would replace the bike's pipes(YUK), but I love the look of both(especially the Honda). Thanks Dustin.

Back