Suzuki to Enter Litre Naked Market

sebastians correct, a gsxr does not do 182.5 to the ground, they're most likely referring to bhp.

I think their referring to hp at the crank not bhp or rwhp. bhp and rwhp is what is measured on a dyno at the rear wheel and is near 150-155 for the GSXR 1000.

I think their referring to hp at the crank not bhp or rwhp. bhp and rwhp is what is measured on a dyno at the rear wheel and is near 150-155 for the GSXR 1000.

You're mixing up the meaning of BHP. Explained in a previous thread:

A good read.... explains it well enough. What is BHP (Brake Horsepower)

And a simpler explanation here: The Difference Between BHP And WHP Explained

And a video for those who do not want to read: Engine Horsepower vs Wheel Horsepower - Explained - YouTube

Looks like a nice bike. I'm glad to see Suzi putting out new models again. They were really hammer in the recession.

The ergos, from the side, remind me of the Tuono. Feet up, like rear sets, short reach to the bars. The hand position, compared to the hips, looks taller than the Tuono, and it has a dirt bike/super moto type position.

I'm sure the motor will be great. The GSXR motor is really a nice piece.

Here's to another player in the "standard" market.

I'm really digging this bike.

Being a Suzuki, it should have a heap of midrange punch.

I can't wait to see the specs, I expect it to have at least 150 HP (hopefully more), be lighter than an FZ1N and be more tuned for low to midrange power.

My next bike will have ABS and it looks like this is the case with the new GSX-S1000.

Some more High res pics here :drools:

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...w-bike-ready-to-roll-photo-gallery-85125.html

Last edited:

A co-worker said his 2012 GXZR10000 has a much wider power band than my FZ1, because the Yamaha makes all the "Scary" HP above 8k(his words).

I may have to try one of these 10000 CC Suzuki's:poke:

If the other two (and this new Suzuki Naked bike) also have better HP and torque in the mid range, I might look into a new bike in a few years.
If the Z1000 is like every other Kawi it makes tons of low end torque.
The CB1000R is about 25 ponies down top end.

Last edited:
I'm really digging this bike.

Being a Suzuki, it should have a heap of midrange punch.

I can't wait to see the specs, I expect it to have at least 150 HP (hopefully more), be lighter than an FZ1N and be more tuned for low to midrange power.

My next bike will have ABS and it looks like this is the case with the new GSX-S1000.

Some more High res pics here :drools:

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...w-bike-ready-to-roll-photo-gallery-85125.html

I've had 2 suzuki's...2006 SV650S & 2007 gsxr 750. Bet it will have dollar tree quality suspension lol. They've got to cheap out somewhere, just hope it's not the engine or tranny.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've had 3 Gixxers myself, a 2002 GSX-R600, a 2004 GSX-R750 and a 2006 GSX-R1000, they were all excellent bikes so I'm hoping this one will be the same.

You're mixing up the meaning of BHP. Explained in a previous thread:

My mistake, I thought since Bhp is measured at the output shaft, and for a motorcycle, the output shaft is after the transmission, bhp would be less than hp at the crank from power loss of the transmission

And a 750! Priced in the same range as the FZ-09 as well. Smart move by Suzuki, I think

2015 Suzuki GSX-S750

Well the MT09 or here Fz09 is on the street a better concept than the other 600-800 ccm bikes. The engine has so much torque that the bike is a blast on the road. Even when Suzuki is matching the price a downgraded GSXR 750 engine will never be as good as the MT09 engine. We saw lot's of adaptions of supersport engines and most of them are not very sucessful and still have a too peaked power profile like the Fz1. I really think that Yamaha finally got the message that most riding is done on the street and the MT09 is the natural consequence. It was even sold out very fast in Europe.

You may be right but I'll play devil's advocate with reference to my 919. Here you have a 900 cc supersport motor that's been detuned over 30 peak horsepower but is one of the gruntiest, smoothest, nicest street motors I've ever tried. Maybe if Suzuki has worked that kind of magic with the 750 unit, it'll be a great alternative to the MT09. A 750 can be pretty grunty, I think

Spec sheets don't make bikes! :) We'll have to wait to see what the total package is like. Who knows, maybe Suzuki has a winner.

I'm not so convinced, though; the brakes and swingarm look pretty basic and I imagine the suspension is as well.

Last edited:
MY GOD that is the worst promo I have ever seen :) - I think Ballmead was being very charitable calling it Cheesy lol
That CB lools awesome in my opinion - going to paint my rims that gold shade lol Personally I am a sucker for single side swingarm's. I think I am going to find the middle ground in my personal should I shouldn't debate of naked yamaha vs naked suzuki. Think I will keep an eye out for a nice second hand gsxr1000 and sort it for the track :)

Back