Suzuki to Enter Litre Naked Market

looks awesome! fits into the fz1/cb1000r/z/ninja1000 category nicely. i dig it. everything i expected, good engine, soft brakes and suspension, just needs a tune, and some tweaks to be a proper road bike. doenst look like i'd take it cross country though

congrats, suzuki - you're only a decade behind.

i've owned a suzuki - once. i've owned several yamahas. i've worked in professional shops. i'm not going to snub my nose much at suzuki, but yamaha tends to be a bit ahead in the game. the difference in workmanship, ingenuity, and specifications is readily apparent.

congrats, suzuki - you're only a decade behind.

Suzuki has a long history of stuffing performance motors in naked bikes but they haven't been selling them in North America lately because Americans haven't been interested in them. Only in the last few years has this class really become popular again out here.

I agree with you about the build quality of Suzuki bikes but I think I would consider this new 1000. I've owned 4 Suzukis, one older than me. They're not bad but they don't offer the same fit and finish as Honda or Yamaha in my opinion.

Last edited:
I agree on the above comments about Suzuki being late to the game as well as the build quality compared to Yam and Honda. However, I personally like the direction that Zook is going with this. There were four things that I was hoping for in the next gen FZ-1 (which looks to never be built), less weight (Zook looks to be about 25-30 lbs lighter), more tq, especially in the low end (80 ftlbs. for the Zook as compared to 68 for the FZ), abs and traction control. This may be my next bike. Looks on a bike are only somewhat important to me. They are subjective anyway. I think the Zook looks good enough, not as pretty as an FZ though. The bike is supposed to be pretty comfortable according to reviews. I like the wider handle bars and I hope it sets up straight. I do wish that Suzuki would have been able to handle the throttle snatch issue. I don't like that on my FZ.

Last edited:
Back