Texas Hill Country riding 5/14

I still believe Pyrogenic needs to add his photos to this. I feel this ride coming on again in a few months! I am thinking April so it is a tad cooler. ;)

Awesome!
Seeing those pics sure does bring back good memories. I went to college in San Marcos (edge of Devil's Backbone) and I was a mental health counselor in New Braunfels. LOL I had a deal where I could use travel time as billable hours so I ACTUALLY GOT PAID TO DRIVE THROUGH THE CANYON LAKE AREA ON MY MOTORCYCLE!!!!! I was driving a SV650 at the time and I would intentionally take "the long way" down the lake road. Good times :)
Glad you guys had fun :)

LOL
Guys - I have thought about this thread a lot and if you guys decide to go again I would love to tag along. Hope I'm not intruding by inviting myself but I really miss that area.
Please let me know if you guys decide to hit it again in 2011.

Thanks,

TPJ

It won't take me long to pack :)
Looks like I am coming from the opposite direction (Brownwood, Tx).
Maybe we could meet up in Canyon Lake?

CanyonLakeTrip2.jpg

Last edited:
It won't take me long to pack :)
Looks like I am coming from the opposite direction (Brownwood, Tx).
Maybe we could meet up in Canyon Lake?

CanyonLakeTrip2.jpg

My dad once made a joke about Brownwood. He had two friends that entered a contest. The first place prise was a 1 weeks paid vacation in Brownwood. The 2nd place prize was a 2 weeks paid vacation in Brownwood.

I don't know why he made that joke considering he grew up in Abilene. :)

Anyway, a good buddy of mine ran the High school Football program out there for a while, Brian Mayper.

P.S. Yes, meet us at Canyon lake or new Braunsfels. Much easier. The drive to Houston is mind numbing.

Last edited:
My dad once made a joke about Brownwood. He had two friends that entered a contest. The first place prise was a 1 weeks paid vacation in Brownwood. The 2nd place prize was a 2 weeks paid vacation in Brownwood.

I don't know why he made that joke considering he grew up in Abilene. :)

Anyway, a good buddy of mine ran the High school Football program out there for a while, Brian Mayper.

P.S. Yes, meet us at Canyon lake or new Braunsfels. Much easier. The drive to Houston is mind numbing.

HAHAHAHA!!!!
I know why he made that joke!! Brownwood is one of those towns that sucks you in and you never get to leave! It has a lake and 2 football programs that are very good. Other than that - it sucks the life out of you!! LOL
I read about Brian in the newspaper - I have only been back a few years (Mom is ill). It seems like he was offensive coordinator.
Canyon Lake sounds great! LOL I won't miss that Houston traffic at all. :) I have driven through there enough times to understand how challenging it can be!
Thanks for letting me tag along. I can't wait to get back to The Hill Country. One of my favorite places :)

I was over on the other FZ Forum and they have just unveiled their 2011 Deal's Gap Tshirts. They are freaking awesome!!!!
Anyway - I was thinking that if we got enough people together we could through together a Tshirt. LOL I found this online (someone else's idea)

motorcycletwistedsisters.jpg

Not sure if it would be worth it or not but I thought the shirt was original :)

T-shirts would be cool. I have three more guys that want to join our trip when we get it together, coming from Atlanta. Have to start planning this!

Definitely. Let's please start looking at dates. LOL. I may be switching jobs soon and it would help me to get a general time frame.
Do u guys want to do this on a weekend? I know most folks work M-F and have the weekends off. I would like sometime around April (March or May would be fine) but if we wait longer than that - I think we are going to sweat a lot! LOL

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Back