This weekend's hoot in 720p

ozzieboy

Went for a ride on Saturday and Sunday. My camera fogged up inside the housing on Saturday, so I lost a lot of footage:(. Guess I'll have to do it again next weekend:woot:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_fIASJLPOI]YouTube - FZ1 Twisty Ride[/ame]

Bit of tail end action at 4:46-5:48 I think it was.

I love riding my bike:cloud9:

Cheers
Mike

I'm green with envy because my poor bike is freezing her tail off out there, but at least you give me hope. Great valentine's gift mate! :tup:

Great video OZ! I would just remember one small bit of info. With that 720p comes great definition. Especially your license plate on that rear view! You could plainly stop the vid and read it backwards. Just a word of warning, thats all. ;)

GoPro HD.....here I come!

Great Vids.....I know I asked in last time....but are you using anything "custom" to obtain the various shot angles you have? Or just relying upon the mounts that are supplied?

Thanks,
Adam

Great video OZ! I would just remember one small bit of info. With that 720p comes great definition. Especially your license plate on that rear view! You could plainly stop the vid and read it backwards. Just a word of warning, thats all. ;)

Yeah, I know what you mean:cheers:..lol.. I've looked at my vids and there are no really glaring things wrong:shine:. I may have "popped" over the speed limit at one point or other, but most of that is tight twisty road, so it's actually under the limit through the twists. Besides that I've added in no local names and not posted it in any local forums. If the police want to spend the time surfing youtube and then spend the time proving I am speeding by figuring out where I was and proving I haven't altered the speed of the video then i will be asking if this is why there is no one available to police the people driving on the wrong side of the road....and then I'll produce the video of that. And show them the photos of my broken FZ6 and the toe nearly torn off my boot from getting drilled head on by a 4WD in my lane...lol. Sorry...lol...my pet hate is people who cut blind corners in the twisties:embarrased:.

But I will put a backing plate on it with reversed numbers and mirror image the pic...lol...so it looks like I'm on the right hand side of the road...that'll make it a bit tougher for them:shine:

GoPro HD.....here I come!

Great Vids.....I know I asked in last time....but are you using anything "custom" to obtain the various shot angles you have? Or just relying upon the mounts that are supplied?

Thanks,
Adam

The back at me shot is the suction cup on my screen. The speedo shot is on the tank with the suction cup (by far the most stable) and the others are just the plastic clips. I will get the helmet mount too eventually, as it's a good thing to have on group rides for shooting other's bikes.

Keep an eye on the long mount for the plastic clips too. (you'll know when you see it as there is only 3 and only 1 has screws) the spring clip part that is screwed on broke:wtf: The others are all fine.

Cheers
Mike

Yeah, not sure about "down under" OZ, but I remember a while back on the other forum I think, reading a thread about just that. It may have been a different country though, I wasn't sure so I figured I'd throw you a warning that I was able to read it. Better safe than sorry you know! Great vids so far bud. I loved that undertail shot. This year I'm going to perfect mine somehow to get it centered over the rear tire. Space is an issue but I will find a way.

ozzie, where ya at?

Thought about all you snow/ice/rain bound guys this weekend. Yesterday the asphalt here warmed up for the first time in weeks. So I r-e-a-l-l-y enjoyed the twisties.

I almost never ride on the weekends because the wife freaks too much, so I normally ride only weekdays. First weekend I've ridden in years. Just a little more traffic in the mountains, but they were good. OK by me. Cagers in sf bay area are excellent. Unlike what most of you guys are use to.

Local cagers are use to riders and could care less what we do as long as we don't freakin crash. Short hand version about our most excellent cagers.

Daylight hours are getting longer!

Mike is in Adelaide, Australia... one of the "southern" boys. This is his summertime right now so he's out enjoying the weather and the rides while us Northern boys sit and stare at the weather channel praying for spring to come early. Mike rides with a great group of guys from the sister site FZ6-Forum. Those guys know how to live it up and have fun down under!

Yeah, not sure about "down under" OZ, but I remember a while back on the other forum I think, reading a thread about just that. It may have been a different country though, I wasn't sure so I figured I'd throw you a warning that I was able to read it. Better safe than sorry you know! Great vids so far bud. I loved that undertail shot. This year I'm going to perfect mine somehow to get it centered over the rear tire. Space is an issue but I will find a way.

We had a guy busted here, 'cause the cops rang him about something harmless and when they told him it was the police, he asked if the call was because they'd seen his Youtube videos.....So they had a look...lol. Doh!

215km/h on the Eagle, showing his speedo. It's a sweet video though. I can't seem to find it anywhere now:frown:

ozzie, where ya at?

Thought about all you snow/ice/rain bound guys this weekend. Yesterday the asphalt here warmed up for the first time in weeks. So I r-e-a-l-l-y enjoyed the twisties.

I almost never ride on the weekends because the wife freaks too much, so I normally ride only weekdays. First weekend I've ridden in years. Just a little more traffic in the mountains, but they were good. OK by me. Cagers in sf bay area are excellent. Unlike what most of you guys are use to.

Local cagers are use to riders and could care less what we do as long as we don't freakin crash. Short hand version about our most excellent cagers.

Daylight hours are getting longer!

Mike is in Adelaide, Australia... one of the "southern" boys. This is his summertime right now so he's out enjoying the weather and the rides while us Northern boys sit and stare at the weather channel praying for spring to come early. Mike rides with a great group of guys from the sister site FZ6-Forum. Those guys know how to live it up and have fun down under!

Yup. South OZ. 30+c tomorrow. 37, 37, 37 35 etc for the next few days. gonna be scorchin':icon_beer:

It is always summertime down under which translates to great weather.

Pretty cool video and music and awesome angles and clarity.

Gotta get some videos myself with my PS camera on my tank mount. Can't shell the dough for GoPro yet.

Going to do the naked conversion this summer and get some clean views ahead.

shieldless

It is always summertime down under which translates to great weather.

Pretty cool video and music and awesome angles and clarity.

Gotta get some videos myself with my PS camera on my tank mount. Can't shell the dough for GoPro yet.

Going to do the naked conversion this summer and get some clean views ahead.

You could just take off the wind shield. Camera would see just fine then.:cowboy:

scuse me as i head for the storage barn to sit on her and make vroom vroom noises....snows melting, rains washing winter away...a few more weeks i think *crosses fingers*

the music rocked, and loved the vid...gawd i cant wait for spring.

Back