Thunderace in the house!

I'm from Texas and I'd say howdy, but to be honest no one says that any more! I've been riding since I was 15, so I have 41 years "in the saddle". My newest ride is a 1997 YZF1000, or as they say across the pond - Thunderace!

I just picked this one up Thanksgiving morning, so I have yet to snap anything other than a crummy camera phone photo (which I'll spare you the "difficulty" of seeing). I should have better shots later today, but the bike is definitely a "project" bike. It is a good base to build on though. Bike has under 12k showing, appears to run great, shifts well, and brakes are good. Most of the "damage" is cosmetic (two low speed drops per the PO), so fresh panels and a repaint should do the trick.

I've had quite a few bikes in my time, but this is only my second Yamaha (or third if you count the 250 dirt bike I have in boxes). My previous ride was a 2005 Kawasaki ZRX1200R and prior to that I rode a 2006 Suzuki Hayabusa. My previous Yamaha street ride was an 1981 Seca 750.
Welcome...im Keith too and i had an 02 ZRX for 10 years...come see us in Brenham...we ride every weekend...invite yourself out anytime...we have some great curvy roads out in the country...

Welcome...im Keith too and i had an 02 ZRX for 10 years...come see us in Brenham...we ride every weekend...invite yourself out anytime...we have some great curvy roads out in the country...
Been there - done that! Hi Keith - it's Keith from TWT. Joyce and I made it out to one of your rides when I had the 01 ZRX (Purple/Black). Sold that one and bought an 05 ZRX (pristine - under 5k miles - green), then lost my freaking mind and sold that one too. After the fever set back in I bought an 03 ZRX that I still have (but can't find time to ride). This ones Blue, not quite as perfect as the 05, but darn close!

Been there - done that! Hi Keith - it's Keith from TWT. Joyce and I made it out to one of your rides when I had the 01 ZRX (Purple/Black). Sold that one and bought an 05 ZRX (pristine - under 5k miles - green), then lost my freaking mind and sold that one too. After the fever set back in I bought an 03 ZRX that I still have (but can't find time to ride). This ones Blue, not quite as perfect as the 05, but darn close!
I remember now...a mind is a terrible thing to waste....well come back and see us sometime...

Back