Top Sellerie Seat

Ordering from them is a bit of a chore because they are in France but with some understanding of how it all happens, you can get it done. You will need to know your height in CM and weight in Kg. You order the seat, the materials per section of the seats and the color of the stitching. Material selection is done by selecting the material THEN clicking each button you want based on where to place the stuff. IMHO, it is easiest to select the black and SEL065 as this is the least shiny and non-slippery fabric. This is their primary seating material anyway.

Regarding options and this is all my findings from owning a standard and long seat... Standard is for guys with smaller butts like under 34" waist. If you are 34" or over, I'd highly recommend the LONG option (This tosses the bargain bin out the window).

I've not experienced the raised but have heard it is a bit too firm. The lowered seat seems to be OK and while the standard seat appears to be quite tall, it compresses a fair amount and is plush. I liken this to riding on a sofa! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh says my butt. :tup:

You can get heated seats (great for cold weather riders!) and that is merely a personal choice.

Regarding Gel: I've owned a Yamaha gel seat in the past. I am not a fan of the gel option at all. For me, when a gel seat gets cold, it is hard to warm up and stays cold a long time plus is is EXTRA FIRM when cold. And when it gets hot? Well, your going to have a burning arse for a fair amount of riding! Recommend that if you have gel and consistently have to park the bike in the sun, then have something to cover the seat with that reflects the sun.

The last thing to remember is that you will be held accountable for returning your old seats to them unless you pay extra and buy their seat pans. Due to shipping and customs, you'll want to be ready to immediately toss your seats into the box and ship within a couple days to make sure your seats reach them on time. I waited too long once and they charged me and would not release the money until my seats arrived. Did not matter that I had scanned and send them the customs form and shipping labels/receipts at all. Also, insure them for at least the amount they will be charging you in case they do not arrive then you can get the money back from the carrier.

I hope this all helps. There are a couple other threads from us all that shows what we ordered for materials an options. Search for "Saddlery seat" and you'll find them.

Every bike I've had over the last 5 years has had a TS seat. I won't ride any other way. :yes:

;) Sort of... He did say "So Eric ordered it for me with my credit card " so I didn't pay for it. What's your CC # Brenda? I'll hook you right up too! :yes:

seriously, you should get one. They have quite a few in the bargain bin right now, the cost in the "CART" is cheaper than advertised AND the Euro is very low compared to when I bought mine so you'll get it for just over $200.00! You can't touch a Sargent or Corbin for that price! :icon_beer:

Yeah I did catch that "you didnt' pay for it part"

but I really did want to go with a lowered version, so I guess it's not meant to be for me at this time.

but Thanks Eric, I have no doubt that you really would have gone thru the trouble of ordering it for me if I had asked...you rock :bowdown:

Yeah I did catch that "you didnt' pay for it part"

but I really did want to go with a lowered version, so I guess it's not meant to be for me at this time.

but Thanks Eric, I have no doubt that you really would have gone thru the trouble of ordering it for me if I had asked...you rock :bowdown:

I just priced out a lowered type one seat using black and grey with no gel or heat and borrowed pans. Almost all black with the three stripes in grey and grey stitching. Their rendition is below. Custom order is 291,72 Euros or $373.20 USD. Still $120 cheaper than my custom order. ;)

attachment.php

Last edited:
Brenda if you go with the lowered version that may work out for you. Even at close to $400 this seat is worth it in my opinion. At the economy's peak I believe that seat was going for around $500.

My seat does indeed raise you further off the ground. That wasn't a problem for me since I had room to give, i.e. a fair amount of knee bend with my feet touching flat on the ground. Now they touch down flat but no knee bend to speak of.

They had a broken link in the bargain bin which I emailed them about this morning. They just replied and it is fixed. Turns out it is for 5 seats made with yellow piping and stitching and appear to have the pillion seat strap on it. :D The contrast is awesome!

attachment.php

That is very sharp looking Eric. I also emailed them and gave them very positive feedback about the seat and they very kindly responded and thanked me for the feedback. This is a company I can believe in now and would not hesitate to recommend in the future. It's not just the comfort that makes this seat awesome but as you can see from Eric's photo I believe they are in a class all by themselves with style. Thanks again Eric for your troubles to make this seat mine. (No, I'm not a paid spokesperson for Top Sellerie, lol).

Ok Eric.....I found one that I like. It has gel, which I really would like to try. The TS seat on my FZ6 doesn't have gel...
anyway, will this fit on my '09 and is it an "Ok" price?
The TS site is kinda confusing to me :wilynily:

I can't seem to get the link to post correctly but I'm looking on the right, scroll thru and you'll see the only one that comes up with gel for 245 euro (about 4 left as of this post)

Ok Eric.....I found one that I like. It has gel, which I really would like to try. The TS seat on my FZ6 doesn't have gel...
anyway, will this fit on my '09 and is it an "Ok" price?
The TS site is kinda confusing to me :wilynily:

I can't seem to get the link to post correctly but I'm looking on the right, scroll thru and you'll see the only one that comes up with gel for 245 euro (about 4 left as of this post)

With the gel option, it's a pretty good price. Keep in mind it isn't lowered BUT, you can always unstaple the cover. remove material and attach the cover. If you selected Yamaha then "FZ1 S [>2006]" under the model dropdown, you get ONLY the FZ1 bargains. ;) They have three selections there for the black/silver combos and yes, only one with the gel option. :D Go for it! Your fast butt will thank you!!

I've been playing on their site since I got home today, it's kinda exhausting and time consuming!
The seat Michelle borrows from you is not lowered I take it? And not gel either?
But you're right, I have taken the cover off a seat and shaved them before, so if it's not quite right, I'm sure I can sell it here with no problems!
Thanks for all the info Eric, I think I will pull the trigger on this one :p

Ok, I just ordered a seat. I decided not to do the gel after talking with John (and your previous post as well Eric). And he said the same thing you did, they get pretty hot out in the sun and hold the heat really well.
And my TS FZ6 seat is not gel, so I don't know what I'll be missing, right?

Last edited:
:wow: 10 days from order to my door! I got my new TS seat today!
I can't wait to go out, put them on and then take the bike around the block (at least) :sport12:

Now my butt will be comfy & fast!

They're pretty aren't they? I'm glad you didn't get the gel. The gel does nothing for me.

They are pretty :)

I have one on the FZ6, but this one is espically nice :party0011:
It looks like the one you got Norm...except my piping is silver. I'll try to get a pic of it tomorrow.

And thanks to you & Eric for kinda giving me the nudge

Last edited:
They are pretty :)

I have one on the FZ6, but this one is espically nice :party0011:
It looks like the one you got Norm...except my piping is silver. I'll try to get a pic of it tomorrow.

And thanks to you & Eric for kinda giving me the nudge

:party0011: :party0011: :party0011:

That is awesome! They wasted no time at all! ;) Congrats, you'll love it!!

:wow: 10 days from order to my door! I got my new TS seat today!
I can't wait to go out, put them on and then take the bike around the block (at least) :sport12:

Now my butt will be comfy & fast!

I know you have a camera! Or are all those beautiful photos really of someone elses bike?

Back