dduck

Just got my bike prep'ed for a week of touring and Bike Week Daytona 2010

Mods:
Flush mount front signals
custom fender elimnator
Givi PLX 35 side bags
givi Windshield
Integrated Tail lights

I had a pro do all the work and glad I did. Becuase of the fender elimnator he had to cut off the bars that connect it to the fender and put in a bracket. i also had him cut off the set-up for the blinker kit (everything is integrated now.)

I think it looks great; thought it would be helpful to some of you becuase I had a very hard time figuring out what to do to get the look I wanted.

Last edited:
I miss living in Orlando this time of the year (lived there for 3 years). However, come April or May I will be glad I live in Colorado :). The bike looks great, have good time.

Last edited:
Excellent! Ironically, I was looking at prices for the Givi side racks and V35 cases to mount ot the bike. Also, becuase they have them for the FZ6R, for my wife. Glad to see what they look like mounted! :D Awesome!!!

So, for us two to get the matte black cases each and the mounting hardware.... best price found for all of it was $1412 shipped. That was no top rack and no top case per bike.

I think it looks GREAT!! :tup:

I also wrote to Shad since they have great cases at great prices. They have a full set of racks for the FZ6, only the top rack for the FZ1 and no intentions of making racks for the FZ6R so looks like she will have to go Givi where I can almost go Shad. They did say the side racks for the FZ1 are in DEV and 3-6 months out for a release date. That is too late for the trip we'd like to do. Bummed I am..... Givi is just a LOT of money when faced with outfitting two bikes. Sheeeeesh!!!

Get what you pay for

:2cents:
I also wrote to Shad since they have great cases at great prices. They have a full set of racks for the FZ6, only the top rack for the FZ1 and no intentions of making racks for the FZ6R so looks like she will have to go Givi where I can almost go Shad. They did say the side racks for the FZ1 are in DEV and 3-6 months out for a release date. That is too late for the trip we'd like to do. Bummed I am..... Givi is just a LOT of money when faced with outfitting two bikes. Sheeeeesh!!!

The upfront might seem like a lot, but not compared to Yamaha's OEM stuff, then it's a bargain. The quality and performance of the GIVI is worth the bucks. Light weight, weatherproof, and quality fit and finish. With the new PLR-X racks that can be quickly removed they just can't be beat, and I've looked at all that are available. I look forward to travelling even more since getting the GIVI stuff installed. Just load and go. When you get to your destination (Hotel) unlock the cases and inside you go( like suitcases). The V-35 fit a med shoei full-face just perfect as well which makes day trips more convenient as well.

I have Givi V35 and PLX racks and Shad 50 topcase and rack. I think the Shad quality is slightly better than Givi and the racks are definitely sturdier since they are steel. Givi is some light metal composite I think. I have seen cracking issues on Givi racks over a period of time.

No wonder Yamaha is endorsing and selling Shad. Check parts and accessories on Yamaha website.

Did you know that all BMW hard cases are made by Shad? That is where they got their start and have only recently broken into the commercial lines. ;)

So Far

Hi,

I will be getting the Givi PLXR359 mount, the V35 bags, and the AdMore light kit this summer. So far I have mounted: Throttle Rocker, Oxford Heatrz grips, GPSMAP60CSx (hard wired), Rox pivoting risers, Zero Gravity sport tour windscreen, Sargent seat front & rear (front is off for mods), Givi FZ359 top case mount with E340 top case, Hyperco 550 lb/in rear spring, Satan666 highway pegs, and a Scorpio SR-i800 alarm. Also modded the clutch actuation arm for more feel on engagement.

Hope this helps someone out there!!!

Cheers,

MrHix

Last edited:
I just got my SW-Motech Alu-Rack installed. I have a Givi V46 topcase that I used with my 2007 Hayabusa. I wanted to re-use the topcase when I got the FZ1, so the only option I could find was this rack. I had a horrible time getting it installed, but I'm happy with the outcome.

2009FZ102.jpg

2009FZ107.jpg

2009FZ116.jpg

Shouldn't ride a whole lot different unless you put the max weight in the top case. The mounts and cases themselves typically weight about 10 lbs TOTAL so it's not adding a significant amount of weight to the tail. It just LOOKS heavy because of the size. ;)

I have the SWMotech rack and mounts for my Givi 46l topbox and the v35 side cases. No issues with wind yet. My bike is rock solid up to the stupid speeds. :Rockon:

Excellent! Ironically, I was looking at prices for the Givi side racks and V35 cases to mount ot the bike. Also, becuase they have them for the FZ6R, for my wife. Glad to see what they look like mounted! :D Awesome!!!

So, for us two to get the matte black cases each and the mounting hardware.... best price found for all of it was $1412 shipped. That was no top rack and no top case per bike.

I think it looks GREAT!! :tup:

Nice down payment on a left over FJR.........:teeter:

Back