Traded in my Gen II, and got SCREWED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, how was I to know, when the fairing was just slightly lose. This damage was behind the fairing and fairing supports. Paperwork DOES NOT notate that it was purchased at auction, nor that it was used. Their website and all paperwork states new. WEBSITE - Yamaha 2012 YZF-R1

Nothing stated on warranty being different, nothing in paperwork or with my warranty information given me. They even tried to sell the Y.E.S. warranty to me. I even received the Yamaha Certificate of Origin that is needed to get the title, hence a BRAND NEW BIKE.

As for little cosmetics, as I stated in the beginning I was ok with it for the price and it being an old stock there are chances it getting bumped. Its the CRACKED FRAME and fairing supports that angered me. Other stuff is barely noticeable and there was so much dust on it most was not noticeable.

Yes I should have inspected better but was in a hurry(my fault) and kept getting pulled from paperwork office to service shop where it was as they charged up battery for me. I usually inspect things way to much and the one time I didn't I am paying for it.

Well, I am sorry. Fraud is fraud and I'll bet the first response you'll get from the dealer is that none of the damage existed, which is when its really going to suck.

Crazybiker, what you outline cannot happen in Maryland. In fact, if a Nissan dealer buys brand new Cadillacs and puts them on their lot, they must sell as used.

I'd also print off, copy and save any advertisements that dealer had representing that bike as
" new " before those advertisements are no longer available .
Wow this sucks. If the motorcycle was never issued a title till now it could be sold as new regardless of shipping damage in many states believe it or not. Once a title is issued it would than have to be called used.

I would have walked away as soon as I seen the foot peg work done by buba. The fact that the aluminum frame has some damage on a $10,000+ bike makes it worth far less IMHO.

Im surprised the bank didn't give you a hard time being they gave you a NEW CYCLE loan not a used one. I know the rate wont be the same That might be a way out of this deal for you.

Wow, I feel back for you. But it sounds like you have the right attitude to crack some skulls. I would deal directly with the owner of the dealership and no one else.

I believe it is the same here. Once a frame is cracked, it's typically totaled unless you replace or repair the frame.

BTW, does the title show any evidence that this is a salvaged bike? See if you can get a copy of that title?

No title yet, just the cert of origin to the dealership from Yamaha, which just got my attention as if it was an auction bike then this shouldhave had the original dealer info perhaps?

Im surprised the bank didn't give you a hard time being they gave you a NEW CYCLE loan not a used one. I know the rate wont be the same That might be a way out of this deal for you.
Used my Yamaha card for the remainder of the balance, as finance rates were super low and I will have it paid off in less than 2 years

Out of curiosity does it seem like the frame was damaged or was this a situation of maybe a tip over when shipping. To be honest with you, I've been looking around at R1's and that price is a pretty amazing deal for a brand new bike considering they are going for approx $15k. You traded in your bike which I would assume is around 5-7k. So with only having to finance $5k for a such a good looking bike is the parts that need replacing small enough of a cost to just fix it and be good. Or if you are worried about frame damage do you have a shop by you that does laser geometry readings on the bike to make sure it's straight? In PHX we have a shop that does that, I think it's attached to a race shop

Most 2012 R1's im finding for about $12,500 locally, so ya this was a pretty good deal. I can get a 2011 for 10,000 at a dealership I normally purchase all my bikes from. Frame seems straight, but just the damage from it cracked and pressed in. I got 5K on trade.

Wow, I feel back for you. But it sounds like you have the right attitude to crack some skulls. I would deal directly with the owner of the dealership and no one else.

Im gonna talk to owner and who ever to hopefully get it squared away. Not gonna crack skulls, gotta be polite and work with em.

Well, I am sorry. Fraud is fraud and I'll bet the first response you'll get from the dealer is that none of the damage existed, which is when its really going to suck.

That's my concern as well. Luckily I took a photo of the bike in the bed of my truck, at their shop, and you can see the sharpie on the frame and the scrape on the peg, so more info to go in with.

Over all I just want a BRAND NEW bike, that's what I went in and signed for. I have gone through all my paperwork and nothing states used, auction, limited warranty, ect.... I was given the paperwork for the full Yamaha warranty also.

give them back that lemon, there are good deals around $500 more + 5 years warranty

g4hl.png

I went through something similar with a recent Tractor Purchase. Ya get caught up in something new, and sometimes forget to do all the due diligence. Tires were changed by the previous dealer and oversized for the specific model tractor (but is working out to my benefit) and just a couple of issues with one of the attachments.

All in all, it was a smooth transaction. Got some free work coming to me when I get the tractor up in their neck of the woods.

It sucks, and hope that the end get resolved to your satisfaction.

WOW! Sorry to hear about this. As others have stated, I hope it all works out in your favor. VERY interested to see how this all turns out.

Bummer you did nothing wrong. I hope it all works out for you that is a awesome looking R1. It could be a honest mistake,seems kind of shady they didn't mention the auction and it could not have the whole warranty..be a shame if you got stuck with it and somebody stole the dam thing....

I would make that dealer take the R1 back and give you your FZ1 back, cancel the entire deal.

You want nothing to do with that bike or that dealer from here on out.

Best Wishes.

I would make that dealer take the R1 back and give you your FZ1 back, cancel the entire deal.

You want nothing to do with that bike or that dealer from here on out.

Best Wishes.

That's what I am really hoping for.

The dealership does not have to take it back. If they are nice they will. If they already sent in the title it may be too late anyway.

Ya, well hopefully they will just take the R1 and give me the $$ for the FZ1 if title is sent in.

That's what I am really hoping for.

Ya, well hopefully they will just take the R1 and give me the $$ for the FZ1 if title is sent in.

they actually keep your old fz1 title, no reason to sent out if the bike is not sold (fz1) and if you financed with them (the difference) than there is paperwork that needs to get out to the bank.

That's my plan, just means I gotta leave at 5:00 am tomorrow :banghead:

Whatever you do go in calm and cool. You have had three days to get worked up over this and going in with a bad attitude (as justified as it may be) may not net you the results you are looking for. There is always a chance they did not know about the damage if they did not take all the fairings off since it came in to their possession. I don't think they will be required to do anything by law so being super nice may go a long way.

Whatever you do go in calm and cool. You have had three days to get worked up over this and going in with a bad attitude (as justified as it may be) may not net you the results you are looking for. There is always a chance they did not know about the damage if they did not take all the fairings off since it came in to their possession. I don't think they will be required to do anything by law so being super nice may go a long way.

That's the plan, hoping it works out to where we just part ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back