Want to buy an FZ1, is a 2006 worth it?

If you only did:
1) a rear shock
2) an ECU reflash
3) R1 forks/brakes
4) Rearsets

And you are good to go. Few bikes can match the above combo.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Grrr, this makes the decision so much harder! I think I'm leaning towards the FZ1 now though, but we'll see where my mind sits when I get home!

Another big factor is: spare parts and factory replacements for Triumphs are extremely expensive compared to Yamaha and can be very hard to get used for cheap. Ask Hellgate how was his time with his Buell...

For instance if you go down, the FZ1 can be fixed in 1/2 the cost of similar damage on both bikes.

Last edited:
That's a very good point indeed. I just got an e-mail back from a seller about a 2006 with 4k miles on it. He is asking $5500 which I think is high, so if he still has it for sale when get home I'll offer him $4500 or 5k.

Current prices for 06s in good shape seem to be around $4k. Check completed listings on Ebay if you like. One with 5K miles and hard Givi luggage went for $4k. Check the classifieds here and the other FZ site.

Your seller is probably about $1500 too high. Its a painful reality that may take a while to sink in. . . . .

That's a very good point indeed. I just got an e-mail back from a seller about a 2006 with 4k miles on it. He is asking $5500 which I think is high, so if he still has it for sale when get home I'll offer him $4500 or 5k.

I'd say a "fair" selling price for that bike would be around the $4500 range given the mileage (and I'm assuming excellent condition as well)...

Another big factor is: spare parts and factory replacements for Triumphs are extremely expensive compared to Yamaha and can be very hard to get used for cheap. Ask Hellgate how was his time with his Buell...

For instance if you go down, the FZ1 can be fixed in 1/2 the cost of similar damage on both bikes.

Very good point CB. Yamaha parts are inexpensive and plentiful compares to "exotic" bikes.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Back