We need an new site logo.. Submit your ideas

That hellgate wanker has had a FZ1 for how long now?

I owned an FZ6 for about 18 months and helped establish the FZ6 site. Then I had an FZ1 for another 18 months. I've personally met many of the members on both sites and remain friends with them. I currently own three Yamahas and have owned at total of 7 or 8 Yamahas. I like Yamahas. :)

So how the heck did I pi$$ you off?

The reason I've ask is I've pi$$ed off thousands, maybe ten of thousand of people on the internet over the last 20 years. I've lost track of who and how I pi$$ed them off. Must be age...

One think I always do is 1) call it as I see it, 2) call BS when I see it, and 3) admit when I've made a mistake.

Create a new username and PM me if you like.

Have a wonderful day! :Rockon:

is it too late to summit the logo? Id like to have a go at it.
Have experience with designing logos before as a graphic designer.
Do you have a size in mind Admin? Other requirements other than NO yamaha logo?

Cheers
J

is it too late to summit the logo? Id like to have a go at it.
Have experience with designing logos before as a graphic designer.
Do you have a size in mind Admin? Other requirements other than NO yamaha logo?

Cheers
J

Go for it! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Right, here's my take on the logo / banner.

FZ1-LogoJESS_zps2013a049.jpg

I thought I'd give it a dark theme to this, based on this whole yamaha logo copyright BS and the uneasy vibe of this thread.

First of all, it was crazy not to use any blue on the banner so I dropped blue background.

Was thinking about which FZ1 to model between S and N version, and decided to show the bits that the both bike shares and not show the headlights. (Sorry Gen1 owners :p)

Also left the east side of the border open to represent that we are not closed minded prick. might be bit too deep but East being the direction where the sun rises and West where it sets.(bit hard to see with this websites background colour anyway,, just in case if someone goes "Its not symmetrical and shit". haha)

And here is my little f*ck you to Yammy for invading people like us this way. Especially for those of us whos bothered enough to promote FZ1 s. I went into their website and "stole" their way of representation which was the red bar. We are not stealing their logo so they can't say anything right? They might change their website design but at this point in time I thought it was appropriate enough.
Untitled-1_zps1d00ef57.jpg

All images are my own my own design. Maybe I shld put a copyright on it too? lol What are we a effing business? we are just a bunch of guys and gals trying to have some fun right?

I can twick this banner here and there further to suit if gets selected.

Cheers :):):)

Looks really good mrjessehlee.

Can I suggest a hyphen between FZ1 and forum, to keep with the existing logo and domain name.

i.e. "FZ1-forum.com"

Last edited:
Looks really good mrjessehlee.

Can I suggest a hyphen between FZ1 and forum, to keep with the existing logo and domain name.

i.e. "FZ1-forum.com"

Oops you are right, yes I do need hyphen,

and what do you mean my existing logo and domain name? isnt the whole point of this to get rid of existing yamaha logo out?

and do you mean get rid of capital letters? Me personally in design perspective, I'd like to humbly but strongly suggest it looks much better with capitals. Otherwise it gets lost amung other texts.
It IS the name of this place therefore I thought it needed to be dominant. it will function the same way if anyone writes the web address in capital in the web browser anyway. I'd be happy to change it if the smaller case letters ARE the design :)

I think we need Dennis to chime in on this. That banner looks great mrjessehlee. Thanks!

We *may* need a version with the newly registered domain name as well (fzed1.com) and no mention of FZ1 or Yamaha in it at all. Their claim is not only the logo but the "FZ1" too I think. Maybe a version with both options?

I intended to work on a valid one as well but events of late have kept me down.

Unless they file a dispute with ICANN and they get involved - which they won't - you won't be ordered to give up the domain.

I ran WHOIS on the domain name and I did see that registrant information is available. I would keep a forwarding email address on file that sends mail to your personal for all email fields then put in false information everywhere else minus the name itself. You don't want an internal attorney sending you a demand letter and scaring you into responding.

That being said I just registered FZ1-forums.com out of spite. You can add it as an add-on domain to park or I can just send the A record here if you would like.

The name servers are what I pulled up for FZ1-Forum.com:

Code:
Name Server: GAIL.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: MARK.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM

Enjoy,

Chandler

I think we need Dennis to chime in on this. That banner looks great mrjessehlee. Thanks!

We *may* need a version with the newly registered domain name as well (fzed1.com) and no mention of FZ1 or Yamaha in it at all. Their claim is not only the logo but the "FZ1" too I think. Maybe a version with both options?

I intended to work on a valid one as well but events of late have kept me down.

Yup changing the context inside? Too easy. Let me know the finalized context and ill get on to it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Perfect!...... But if we say FZ1 Forum then the URL we use wont matter...

Right, here's my take on the logo / banner.

FZ1-LogoJESS_zps2013a049.jpg

I thought I'd give it a dark theme to this, based on this whole yamaha logo copyright BS and the uneasy vibe of this thread.

First of all, it was crazy not to use any blue on the banner so I dropped blue background.

Was thinking about which FZ1 to model between S and N version, and decided to show the bits that the both bike shares and not show the headlights. (Sorry Gen1 owners :p)

Also left the east side of the border open to represent that we are not closed minded prick. might be bit too deep but East being the direction where the sun rises and West where it sets.(bit hard to see with this websites background colour anyway,, just in case if someone goes "Its not symmetrical and shit". haha)

And here is my little f*ck you to Yammy for invading people like us this way. Especially for those of us whos bothered enough to promote FZ1 s. I went into their website and "stole" their way of representation which was the red bar. We are not stealing their logo so they can't say anything right? They might change their website design but at this point in time I thought it was appropriate enough.
Untitled-1_zps1d00ef57.jpg

All images are my own my own design. Maybe I shld put a copyright on it too? lol What are we a effing business? we are just a bunch of guys and gals trying to have some fun right?

I can twick this banner here and there further to suit if gets selected.

Cheers :):):)

Unless they file a dispute with ICANN and they get involved - which they won't - you won't be ordered to give up the domain.

I ran WHOIS on the domain name and I did see that registrant information is available. I would keep a forwarding email address on file that sends mail to your personal for all email fields then put in false information everywhere else minus the name itself. You don't want an internal attorney sending you a demand letter and scaring you into responding.

That being said I just registered FZ1-forums.com out of spite. You can add it as an add-on domain to park or I can just send the A record here if you would like.

The name servers are what I pulled up for FZ1-Forum.com:

Code:
Name Server: GAIL.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: MARK.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Enjoy,

Chandler

Awesome you send the A record here 184.107.254.146 I will add an entry to the HTTPD server

TAKE 2

FZ1-LogoJESSTake2_zpscc5410ff.jpg

TAKE 3

FZ1-LogoJESSTake3_zps71bd15a7.jpg

I'm open to change wording if anyone can come up with something clever.

Cheers ;)

My only suggestions would be; Don't have "Yamaha" on there anywhere in symbol or text (but leave the red bar), and get rid of the dot in front of "Forum".

Technicalities, but great otherwise. It would be nice to see the lettering in a 3D look, but I know my photoshop skills are not that good.

Awesome you send the A record here 184.107.254.146 I will add an entry to the HTTPD server

Done.

Make the images in a .png so that the red and black colors don't clash so much? They look a little blurry - I am not sure if it is the GIF format or not - just a suggestion :D

Done.

Make the images in a .png so that the red and black colors don't clash so much? They look a little blurry - I am not sure if it is the GIF format or not - just a suggestion :D

Yup ill make them a png. Not sure wht u mean about red colour clashing.

They look blurry because the size is massive. Ill fix them too.

Its not .GIF format but is in .JPEG format. But didnt u just suggest to make them .PNG?

Im confused!

My only suggestions would be; Don't have "Yamaha" on there anywhere in symbol or text (but leave the red bar), and get rid of the dot in front of "Forum".

Technicalities, but great otherwise. It would be nice to see the lettering in a 3D look, but I know my photoshop skills are not that good.

Too easy ill give them a go when i get to work.

Back