Well Another Hawk has Landed!

Whoa! I missed this thread along the way! Congrats Tony! Great find. I'll be looking in about 2 - 3 years for some projects. This one looks super-clean too!

Thanks Eric! Yea, it's pretty clean and it's all there. Just needs some detailing and minor modding at this point ;)

Well the Hawk is coming home tomorrow :D And today some new turn signals showed up. They'll replace the stock ones that are very droopy.

New turn signals:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Well the Hawk is coming home tomorrow :D And today some new turn signals showed up. They'll replace the stock ones that are very droopy.

New turn signals:
attachment.php

attachment.php

That must be relative to those bikes. I saw three others in the classifieds and all of them had the "droopy" lights in the rear. I bet you can't wait til tomorrow!

A simply nearly free mod that is also necessary. Take off your seat check the mounting tabs for the rear plastics. If they are intact re-enforce them with fibre glass. They are notorious for breaking especially if you plan on a passenger.

That must be relative to those bikes. I saw three others in the classifieds and all of them had the "droopy" lights in the rear. I bet you can't wait til tomorrow!

Yea, the long stalks of the rear light will make them droop over time. I had found some stock ones, but I figured it would happen again so I went with these aftermarket ones. They look very similar to the Buell ones that are favored by the Hawk crowd. In the front I'll have to get creative as the stock ones clamp around the forks.

Yea, I'm excited :D

Locate and drill a hole in each head light mounts. You will have to drop the forks to get the stock mounts off good time to freshen up fork oil. I run 10 wt in on leg and 15 weight in the other.

A simply nearly free mod that is also necessary. Take off your seat check the mounting tabs for the rear plastics. If they are intact re-enforce them with fibre glass. They are notorious for breaking especially if you plan on a passenger.

I bet some clear epoxy on the back of them will work just fine. I have used that method to reinforce several of the panels on my YZF1000. These plastic parts all start cracking after a while...

I bet some clear epoxy on the back of them will work just fine. I have used that method to reinforce several of the panels on my YZF1000. These plastic parts all start cracking after a while...

My rear most ones are broken and gone. I haven't found a good solution yet, other than a new tail piece(400.00)

Locate and drill a hole in each head light mounts. You will have to drop the forks to get the stock mounts off good time to freshen up fork oil. I run 10 wt in on leg and 15 weight in the other.

Yea, that's where I plan to mount them, but I didn't realize I had to drop the forks to take off the stock signals.

I didn't want to drill into the stock mounts so I bough some replica ones on eBay. They were cheap and black so they'll match the bike well.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Just went and looked. If the won't open up enough they should cut off easy.

Well oddly enough the front signals are in really nice shape so I'd like to remove them w/o destroying them. If I have to remove the forks then it will just have to wait until the Spring, but like you said it would be a good time to freshen the oil (and possibly the seals) anyway.

Last edited:
Well the Hawk is home :D

attachment.php

The Honda Accord handled towing duties w/o any issues. I was concerned with the hills along the way since it's only a 4-cylinder. Even with almost 100k miles it pulled the trailed and bike w/o a problem. Just required the occasional downshift to 4th gear, but that was kind of expected.

attachment.php

Well I didn't have time for much else today since I had to return the trailer and run some other errands. I will try to get some more pics on Sunday if we don't end up getting too much snow tomorrow. And Johnny I didn't forget about the video clip of that Supertrapp exhaust. I'll try to get it on Sunday as well. It sounds sweet :D

Back