Well Another Hawk has Landed!

You need to ride it before you sell it. My friend that has the RZ I worked on rode mine mind you right after I did the Penske Race tech stuff and suddenly a RZ+cash could have been mine.

Oh I have no doubt that it handles better than the RZ...wider wheels, stronger frame...

And yours with all those suspension goodies must be great. Imagine if you went with even wider rubber on there (F3 front end and VFR rear wheel conversion) ;)

Well the front turn signals are now done as well. Drilled the headlight mounting brackets and painted them black (stock they are just natural aluminum). They look much better in black, especially with a black bike and black headlight housing.

attachment.php

attachment.php

A couple of pics of the Hawk. Currently awaiting some parts. Forks are getting new seals, oil and some Progressive springs. When it all goes back together it will be sporting CBR600 clip-ons and bar end mirrors. Should be ready in a couple of weeks :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

A couple of pics of the Hawk. Currently awaiting some parts. Forks are getting new seals, oil and some Progressive springs. When it all goes back together it will be sporting CBR600 clip-ons and bar end mirrors. Should be ready in a couple of weeks :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Glad to see your hanging on to her T. Hey, we gotta get a ride in soon buddy. It's been way too long!

Nice Tony. I'm headed to the NE Hawk Ralley tomorrow and Sunday. I'll be meeting up with some people on Bear mnt somewhere around noon. If by chance your interestred drop me a pm.

Glad to see your hanging on to her T. Hey, we gotta get a ride in soon buddy. It's been way too long!

I know what you mean!

Nice Tony. I'm headed to the NE Hawk Ralley tomorrow and Sunday. I'll be meeting up with some people on Bear mnt somewhere around noon. If by chance your interestred drop me a pm.

I saw that on the Hawk forum, but obviously my Hawk is not in riding condition right now...plus I already have weekend plans :(

We'll try and get together one of these weekends to do a Bear Mountain run.

Tony when you install the cbr clip on's, depending on how much lower they are, you may have to do some creative cable routing. I'm waiting for hord power to get the -2 in cables in stock. I have the stock clutch cable routed a little different and had to add some extra free play so it would not disengage the clutch on hard right and left bar positions. I also had to remove my stock throttle push cable. No amount of creative routing would prevent throttle lock up. I just have the pull cable installed and it works great.

Tony when you install the cbr clip on's, depending on how much lower they are, you may have to do some creative cable routing. I'm waiting for hord power to get the -2 in cables in stock. I have the stock clutch cable routed a little different and had to add some extra free play so it would not disengage the clutch on hard right and left bar positions. I also had to remove my stock throttle push cable. No amount of creative routing would prevent throttle lock up. I just have the pull cable installed and it works great.

Hey Johnny, not looking to hijack the thread but what time and where are you meeting up on the mountain tomorrow?

I didn't measure them, but the CBR clip-ons still have a slight rise to them. They are probably about 2" lower than the stock ones so I might be able to get away with rerouting the stock clutch and throttle cables.

Some updated photos. Bike is finally ridable. My plans for the clip-ons and bar end mirrors were put on hold. There was just no way to make the stock clutch and throttle cables work. They would bind whenever the handle bars were turned and I just didn't think that was a "safe" situation. Stock clip-ons and some cheap black mirrors are on there for now. Mods include SuperTrapp exhaust, Factory Stage 3 jet kit w/ pod filters, Tyga rear sets and upper triple clamp, frame sliders, braided brake lines and Corbin seat :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Well believe it or not I had not ridden the Hawk until yesterday! Took it out in the afternoon since I took off from work and the temp was in the low 60's. Bike rides good, but I need to check out the carbs. Either I jetted them too rich or the slides are not opening like they should. It's just flat above 6k RPM. Unfortunately I wont have time to mess with it until the Spring now :( It's definitely a fun bike and quite comfortable even for someone my height. Oh and the sound of that SuperTrapp exhaust is quite intoxicating when getting off or on the gas :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back