Well Another Hawk has Landed!

NJFZ1

As some of you know I have been lusting after a Yamaha RZ350 for a while now, but have not been able to find what I want. I was hoping to pick one up now over the Winter since the prices are lower, but even now they are still quite expensive for a nice one. This would be a bike that I really would only ride on Sunday morning so the more I thought about it the less I wanted to spend so much on such a toy.

Well enter Johnny and his Hawk...he convince me to look into the Hawk as it's a relatively light, naked bike and can be a lot of fun. Well I came across a local one through eBay and won the auction. Went and looked at it yesterday and left a deposit. Picking it up next Friday :)

As usual I'm already thinking of mods for it...lol. Has new tires and battery, plus a complete tune up so I should be good to go in the Spring. Oh and it has a nice Supertrapp exhaust :D

First order of business will be to replace the stock turn signals that are looking a little droopy (the rears) and get some cheap adjustable levers.

Here are a couple of pics from yesterday...stay tuned for more in a few days ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks Billy! I can't wait to actually do some small mods and ride it. I can tell it's going to be a fun little bike just from sitting on it :D

I would love alittle video on that exhaust. Congrats Tony. The nice thing is it will only hold or go up in value. It's power is between 6k and 8500 careful it over revs very easily. Now you need to spoon on some BT 16's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That looks pretty neat Craig. Hey I already have the Supertrap exhaust, which looks pretty similar to that Kerker...old school exhausts :D

I have already been drooling over the VFR rear wheel and the CBR F3 front end. Both items are just about a bolt on and allow 120/70/17 and 180/55/17 tires to be used. For now I will leave it alone and just enjoy it for the rest of this year. Who knows what the future will bring ;)

Maybe the next bike on my hit list should be a Hawk, lots of them down in the US... Things are shaping up as such that I will have Lee's FZ600 in my garage once the mountain passes are clear but what I want something after that? :)

Thats awesome, I'm so jealous. I cant believe your going to get the FZ. When I was pre 17 I would go to the local dealer and just drool over the FZ 600. In 89 I ended up with a used 87 FZR 1000.
37633_433598582368_821242368_4736745_6777596_n.jpg

Thats awesome, I'm so jealous. I cant believe your going to get the FZ. When I was pre 17 I would go to the local dealer and just drool over the FZ 600. In 89 I ended up with a used 87 FZR 1000.
37633_433598582368_821242368_4736745_6777596_n.jpg

Wow what a coincidence! My first bike was an '88 FZR1000. Same as your '87, but blue and white instead:

attachment.php

I just came across this one on eBay last night and it brought back some good memories :D

Yamaha : FZ Yamaha : FZ | eBay

Attachments

• 88 fzr1000.jpg
    88 fzr1000.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 183
Whoa! I missed this thread along the way! Congrats Tony! Great find. I'll be looking in about 2 - 3 years for some projects. This one looks super-clean too!

Back