What bike would you ride if you could now longer ride a Sportbike?

Sactown2008

If a cortisone shot does not help my "good right" knee, I may not ride the 08 FZ1.

My most painful days are riding more than 20 minutes on my stock bike. The feet-back sitting is very bad after 45 minutes. LOTS of ice when I get home. My 428 mile ride on 6/6 to 6/9/14 made it all the worse.

What bike could replace your FZ1?

Just curious.

:shaking head::shaking head::shaking head:

If a cortisone shot does not help my "good right" knee, I may not ride the 08 FZ1.

My most painful days are riding more than 20 minutes on my stock bike. The feet-back sitting is very bad after 45 minutes. LOTS of ice when I get home. My 428 mile ride on 6/6 to 6/9/14 made it all the worse.

What bike could replace your FZ1?

Just curious.

:shaking head::shaking head::shaking head:
A cortisone shot SHOULD help I had a nasty case of tennis elbow couldn't even pick up 2-3 lbs without extreme pain. Fixed it right up. However I will say for about a day after the shot my elbow hurt worse than ever.
I don't know how tall you are but honestly a goldwing or a voyager type is a bad idea if you are tall. I felt more uncomfortable on those than any sport bike. To me it's like sitting in a kids chair as an adult. My knees were jammed way up and it was terrible for even a short ride.

Try this link; Motorcycle Ergonomics

Personally, the v-strom idea is a good one, or a Super Tenere, or a 1190 Adv, or a 1200 GS. But go sit on them in the showroom and see what feels right. The sit up and beg riding position is very comfy as long as there is a fairing.

I can ride all day comfortably on my 990, much more so than the Fz and it was comfortable for me.

Last edited:
I like Doug's suggestion of a maxi scooter. A Burgman, T-Max or maybe a Kymco xCiting 500 would be awesome and great for your knees

You primarily commute and the practicality and comfort would be awesome.

Last edited:
I am sure it classifies as a sport bike but I am seriously thinking of moving to a k1300s. Besides that it would have to be a Stelvio or Super Tenere.

Go ahead and laugh at me, but when I have to give up my FZ1, I'm totally gonna rock a Can Am! Yeah, they are a little ugly but it's still not a cage.

Go ahead and laugh at me, but when I have to give up my FZ1, I'm totally gonna rock a Can Am! Yeah, they are a little ugly but it's still not a cage.

Yep the new ones have triples in them . I would be in for one once they come out with leaning front end like the three wheel Paggio!

I must be odd man out, I feel the FZ1 is about the most neutral seating postion I've ever had in a bike. If I couldn't tolerate an FZ1 I can't think of another bike that would be better for overall comfort. I've ridden a Can Am and they are pretty easy on the body, if you just got rid of that extra wheel. If you have an injured body part it is all relative so I don't think anyone can answer your question other than yourself.

I have a Triumph Scrambler for that but , don't laugh, some of our older riders have gone to the Burgman 650. I must say they are very tempting with the ergonomics, storage, SPEED for a scooter and looks.

Back