What did you do to your FZ today?

My mileage for this weekend's trip: 966.

On these roads
11163d1339385982-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-allroads.jpg

:flash:

Rode it fast enough to attract the attention of one of North Carolina's finest. Court date on 8/15. :ugh: I chose to play, now it's time to pay. :shaking head:

Rode to work for the 3rd day in a row in 95 degree heat

Then "fried" commuting home in this "loaner" Firstgear Kilimanjaro. It is too freaking hot, even with the liner out.

I have to get a Mesh Textile jacket lighter than this long textile COAT. Any favorites? I guess the new leather Alpinesters Stunt is for 80 degrees and less.

:wilynily:

Then "fried" commuting home in this "loaner" Firstgear Kilimanjaro. It is too freaking hot, even with the liner out.

I have to get a Mesh Textile jacket lighter than this long textile COAT. Any favorites? I guess the new leather Alpinesters Stunt is for 80 degrees and less.

:wilynily:

I second this! I'm starting to cook in this weather..

I have gotten the chance to ride to and from work the last couple weeks. I cleaned and lubed the chain last week (it still looks good). I think I was using too much chain wax before. I'm learning. I also need to buy a grunge brush.

I bought a case of Mobil 1 4T racing oil for my FZ1 and the wife's Ninja 250. I picked up an oil fileter for each. I hope to change the oil in both over the next week. I'm still saving up for the Penske rear shock and I'm tempted to get some braided brake lines soon too.

Finally installed my used Penske shock. Used the shrink wrap trick on the hose clamps that hold the external reservoir. Didn't get a chance to ride it, but based on all I've heard it should be a nice improvement over the stock shock. And yes I have to wash the bike...lol!

attachment.php

attachment.php

It seems to me that the FZ really likes the rear jack up more and more. I'm up 5mm and last Friday I put on a 190/55 BT 16. Holy cow do I like it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed the 16T and speedohealer today. Nice to take off a bit easy'r and not kill it. Yep 4 times. Speedohealer I did a few stop and gose on the free way exit's to dial it in. I think I came in @ 14.9, but the odomitor is off. Adding les miles than I ran ?

And the OEM sprocket was super wide and not so noisy.

001-6.jpg
[/IMG]

002-7.jpg
[/IMG] So at 70 I'm at about 5100 RPM, not bad.

I finally got my radiator guards in today. Did not have time to install them but I may do that this morning when I get off work.
WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! I really can't wait to slap these babies on!!!!

20120614_090352.jpg

20120614_090403.jpg

The goal is to make it look like this:

YellowTCPpanels02.jpg

How long did it take from the time you ordered? I'll do the same, have a skunk & will order the black, post photos of yours when done, I like it much better than full fairing.

How long did it take from the time you ordered? I'll do the same, have a skunk & will order the black, post photos of yours when done, I like it much better than full fairing.

OK - I will post when finished.
Just a little peak. Here are the parts. I almost did black but went with dark silver.

20120614_090357.jpg

20120614_090403.jpg

I had to wait a while. 3 to 4 weeks from the time I ordered until delivery.
Unfortunately I work 7 on and 7 off and I'm just starting my 7 on. May be about a week before I get these babies hooked up.
I am VERY impressed with the quality. They are top notch and come with all mounting hardware.

Back