What did you do to your FZ today?

It was a local locksmith that said re-key would run $36, but he didn't have the wafers so he showed me how to disassemble and re-arrange everything to work (didn't charge me for imparting his wisdom)

Rode mine for the first time in 6 days because it has been nothing but rain here. This is also the first ride with the gutted cat and power commander V.... whittlebeast Stage III smoothed map is incredible!

Duster, did you post pictures of it on ? I was wondering if it went on the back or in between or ? If it's that easy to key to our bike key then Yahoo.

Yeah, posted a while back, this is mine -

http://www.998cc.org/forum/117745-post2630.html

The plate the lock mounts on is sandwiched between the frame and the pass peg mount. Kit includes new, slightly longer bolts. The new bolts are security Torx bolts so you need the security type Torx bit to assemble.

Replaced the 10K+ stock tires (2010 FZ1) with new Pilot Road 3's....I can't believe how much the want to tip into the turns! Also new Wngine Ice anti-freeze. Getting ready for the Arkansas trip next friday at midnight.

Be careful on a new set of tires...they can be slick for about the first 100 miles...been told that many times....not sure about the michelins but bridgestones need to wear in a little i know for a fact...

Be careful on a new set of tires...they can be slick for about the first 100 miles...been told that many times....not sure about the michelins but bridgestones need to wear in a little i know for a fact...

Yeah, thanks for that, but I've been riding street since '83. As much as they WANT to tip in, I'm still scuffing them, riding on tippy-toes, so to speak. They can be slippery buggers when new.

On the rear bag - no, it really doesn't have a lock, but with the dual zippers, they can be a lot less than obvious, so I've never worried about it.

This bag straps to the rear seat and I usually don't use it unless I'm going somewhere and will be out for a while. I bought Sargent seats so when I'm just riding, the Sargent passenger seat is on there (no bag) anyway.

Cleaned and lubed the chain with the DuPont chain saver. Seems to be good stuff...from what I've read by many of you great folks on here.

Get to change the oil this weekend...finally got to 4K miles. :icon_beer:

Finally installed the radiator screen, love how it *pops*...

Screen1-1.jpg

PapaGeno has alot more black & gold flash going on, but JWhelan's radiator guard is subtle & functional. I really do not need a stone taking out my radiator on my trip from Az to Ar next week.

Back