What did you do to your FZ today?

Got a silver one
ysy3eheh.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Looking good mate

Rode to town to catch up with friends over coffee & rode home in the rain. Washed the bike and tried to install the K&N air filter to find I had the same problem as everyone else is having, it doesn't let teh top of the box fit back snug. I rang the supplier and am awaiting a response from K&N Australia.

I also sent them a link to the thread about it on here to show it is not an isolated issue. Hope they can get it sorted.

Lubed the clutch and throttle cables using the EZGlider kit that I saw mentioned here. Minor pain to get at the throttle cables, but much easier than the clamp-and-spray-can that I've used in the past.

GPR steering damper, Vortex rearsets, removed ais and installed Driven block off plates, and new spark plugs :)
View attachment 14964

View attachment 14965

View attachment 14966

View attachment 14967

View attachment 14968

View attachment 14969

Great additions. Very clean looking 2007. I wish my blue 2007 was that clean and had those mods. The rearsets look like the best mod. I always feel like my feet should be farther back and I hate how the pegs hit the side of my legs when I put my feet down. Nice work. :tup:

I've got my bike back last friday after my Romanian trip and gave it a thorough cleaning and check up. Must admit and confirm to the recent report in the motorbike magazines, Yamaha is the most reliable brand.
After my week spending on perfect and terible roads, filled with holes and dirt, gravel roads, rain and dry, my beloved FZ1 has not dropped any note...

For those not yet seen my pictures and vids,

http://www.998cc.org/forum/touring-traveling/17837-romania-2013-denarnold.html

Great additions. Very clean looking 2007. I wish my blue 2007 was that clean and had those mods. The rearsets look like the best mod. I always feel like my feet should be farther back and I hate how the pegs hit the side of my legs when I put my feet down. Nice work. :tup:

Thanks! It's not as perfect as you think though.. my left fairing is a little scratched up from a low speed layover (target fixation after scarping my peg for the first time two years ago when I was new), but I touched up the scratches really well and changed the stickers, and it's not at all visible in pictures and not even in person unless I point it out to someone... but anyway, the rearsets are awesome! I picked them up off ebay slightly used for $210 shipped. The pegs don't hit the side of my legs anymore either. I found that positioned at the lowest and furthest back point (55mm back 7mm up), it's actually comfier than stock. At 5'6" I have them at 55 back 17 up and it feels very comfy while also giving me more ground clearance.

how does it shift with the change in angle of shifting linkage?looks sweet

Thanks. I didn't notice a change at all. The rod isn't exactly perpendicular to the linkage but still moves smoothly, so no problems. The only thing affecting the shifting was how much the rod was rubbing on the inside ridge of the sprocket cover.. nothing a dremel couldn't fix.

Rode to the tag office to my renew my registration/get tags then to WalMart to get sealer for the tent.

CAM00164.jpg

Semi-FZ1 related: More Rally Prep. Airing out the tent in the living/keeping room since the last tent I aired outside disappeared (tent stakes were still in the ground though).

CAM00166.jpg

Finally got the screws and bolt I needed, put on my euro rad guards and center fuel tank cowl/air box bolt.

Also finally got the frame sliders Sebastian made for me on - they look great!!! Wish I had done it sooner coz I have a dent on my tank already, but I'm gonna get that pushed out by a paint less dent removal guy and the sliders will protect the rest of the bike also

View attachment 14984View attachment 14985

Back