What did you do to your FZ today?

I ordered driven carbon bars and pazzo shorty levers, bought a Dremel to chop the air box and I'm deciding on a slip on, my bike is totally stock and its just too damn quiet. Happy modding people :bowdown:

Washed it. I had a cup of Pepsi sitting on the pillion seat yesterday afternoon at lunch and bumped the bike, spilling the drink all over the seat and down onto the rest of the bike. I wiped it off with what water I had and rode back to work (<1 mile). By the time I got there, it smelled like a caramel corn factory. I worked the rest of the day and when I went to get on my bike I had to chase half a hive of bees away before I could hop on. I thought for sure I was going to get stung on the ride home. Miraculously, I didn't.

Got to remove my new Hyperpro shock for a better Nitron shock with remote compression.
New Hyperpro springs in the front.

Still looking at my digital gear indication thinking 'I dont dare start chopping wires'....Time to sell it on me thinks....

Tried adjusting the front forks to reduce brake dive (excessive). My first thought was the damping was a bit soft. Increased one click, hmmm feels better. Two clicks, wow what a difference. Three clicks, a tad too much.

Back to two clicks and that was it. Brake dive is now in the right range and feel but the best part is that the front end now eats tar snakes for breakfast.

Rebound feels about right and the rear is a bit harsh but tolerable.

Here's my question; In setting pre-load how much rider sag is good and how much unused travel should you have? Mine is set now at 34mm Rider Sag and 47mm of unused travel. Does that sound right?

I'm 5'10" and 200# ATGATT.

Tried adjusting the front forks to reduce brake dive (excessive). My first thought was the damping was a bit soft. Increased one click, hmmm feels better. Two clicks, wow what a difference. Three clicks, a tad too much.

Back to two clicks and that was it. Brake dive is now in the right range and feel but the best part is that the front end now eats tar snakes for breakfast.

Rebound feels about right and the rear is a bit harsh but tolerable.

Here's my question; In setting pre-load how much rider sag is good and how much unused travel should you have? Mine is set now at 34mm Rider Sag and 47mm of unused travel. Does that sound right?

I'm 5'10" and 200# ATGATT.

Here's what Keith Code says...
Setting Your Motorcycle's Suspension Sag With Keith Code - YouTube
"SAG adjustment" subtitulado en español (spanish subs. by Jack) - YouTube

Last edited:

Thanks, I need someone to help check the rear but with center stand and wire ties the front is doable solo.

Basically, I'm in the right sag range according to the video and the compression adjustment corrected the diving (it still has dive but not as exaggerated) and has better road feel.

Back