What did you do to your FZ today?

Installed my Plasti-Dipped Windscreen from my old bike:
IMG_20131226_134949_zps6xzgrfa5.jpg

And then I tested out the Time Lapse mode on my GoPro today:
IMG_20131226_135330_zpsqu2zxp3l.jpg

Yes, It is in the mid 70's here in San Diego today.

Enjoy your snow. :)

Lucky dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I went for a ride through the Nasho today.
There were that many cops on the way there that I returned my best fuel economy result to date 32.6 mpg :)

Sent from my Nexus 5

I went for a 2 hour ride Tuesday after knocking off at lunch, never seen so many police in the hills. Lots of riders out too, which was good, plenty of people letting you know when to slow right down.

Rode into work today & hopefully will get a chance to get her out on the weekend too. Perfect riding weather here, light winds, warm sunny days :woot:

Luggage options are now complete.
Fitted the SW-Motech quick release pannier brackets for GIVI E21 Monokey panniers. I like the E21s because the don't really widen the bike and in combination with the top box should carry all the luggage I'll need for road trips. In the unlikely event I need more luggage space I can still use my old faithful Oxford tailbag.

The (not as) quick release (as I'd like) kit is easy enough to take off for the majority of the time when it won't be needed. The SW-Motech mounting kits are pretty good. The instructions don't cover the scenario where you have both panniers and a topbox but it wasn't too hard to work out how to fit it together and which bits of hardware would or wouldn't be needed.
file_zps2b7a6165.jpg

file_zps9d4d991e.jpg

There is a floating cross bracket that would normally bolt to the factory fender. I figure it is good for a it of extra rigidity in the nbracketing and will continue to use it. I also had to cut and rewire the indicators and number plate light si I could fit the undertail bracket. I knew there was a reason I should have waited for everything to turn up before changing the tail lights and installing the fender eliminator

After these photos were taken I added some reflective black tape to the rear and sides of the panniers and top box.

I still have a bit of electrical work to do but there is no rush. Front running lights will be converted to double as indicators thanks to the nifty exLED kit from Korea. And once I've added a Denali Powerhub I'll wire in the USB and 12v power sockets and heated grips.

A new Sargent seat has been ordered. Once that arrives the bike should be ready for long trips. I don't need more power so a slip-on exhaust can wait a bit longer.

Warmed up the garage and installed the powder coated rear footpegs and the carbon fiber heel guards. Spring is a long ways off, the low last night was -12F.

Warmed up the garage and installed the powder coated rear footpegs and the carbon fiber heel guards. Spring is a long ways off, the low last night was -12F.

Yes, but you can always hold out hope that we'll get one of those freak warm-ups! I managed a few miles when the temp rose above freezing on Saturday.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

I still have a bit of electrical work to do but there is no rush. Front running lights will be converted to double as indicators thanks to the nifty exLED kit from Korea. And once I've added a Denali Powerhub I'll wire in the USB and 12v power sockets and heated grips.
Your bike setup looks great!

I never heard of the exLED kit before. Let us know what you think of them once you get them installed.

Jon…

What did you do to your FZ1 Today

hey guy's new to the forum but been collecting info for a while. Just thought I would share what I've done over the past two weeks to the 2013 fz1.

lars air box mod with new K&N
ais removed
o2 eliminator
exup eliminator and servo removed
wires rerouted out of air flow path
last but my favorite sent ecu to Ivan's for reprogram, PCV and full yosh carbon exhaust

Nice mods & welcome to the forum.

Did your airbox go back together without bowing with the K&N filter? There was an issue with them requiring modification or replacement with another brand filter. I ended up going with a BMC filter.

Everything went together with no problems. I did notice the frame of the K&N to be quite flimsy. I kind of wish I would've went with the BMC but I grew up putting K&N's in everything. If there's ever a good deal on one I'm sure I'll upgrade.

Anyone have a link to the BMC filter for the FZ1 gen II where I can purchase?

I want to do the Lars airbox mod and replace the stock filter (well I assume the filter is stock).

I realize, but when I googled (in the US) - I couldn't find a link for anything from an online retail type shop. The links that I found to BMC on the forums were no good either.
Just googled again and didn't find the link you gave me either using " BMC Filter FZ1"
Thanks though!

I finalised plans to respray my bike, as well as ordering a few items to create the look I want. Gunmetal grey with orange accents (hoses, bars, levers, number plate holder)

also looking into an r6 tail swap like this-(not my bike, snagged from google)

Ordered some things today

I ordered a new Bikemaster Superbike handlebar from JC Whitney, $21.73 delivered, and some new foam superbike grips and bar ends from ebay. When the temp goes up a bit I will do the install.

Fitted a Top Sellerie seat that I got from aus_andyk, a radiator guard from Evotech and one of those $15.99 tinted screens from China ;-)

That's probably it for now, not going to touch the engine or exhaust as this 2012 absolutely flies compared to my old 2007 :)

View attachment 16710

Back