What did you do to your FZ today?

Put about 220 miles on her now at 492, cant wait to bust the 600 mark (well really cant wait to bust 1000) so I can feel some real power. Also about to order a touring windscreen, got my ass kicked today with wind and gusts.

Performed oil/filter change, switching to summer oil...(It was mid 90's last week)

Also, still tweaking my jetting looking for that 'perfect' setting...

Then, perhaps during a jetting change it wasn't the best time to do it, but I decided to do the mod to the intake ports...

I finished up too late to fire it up and sync the carbs. (Garage right next to master bedroom)...the wife wouldn't appreciate an 0130 fire up... :band:

DSC_0195.JPG

DSC_0197.JPG

DSC_0198.JPG

DSC_0201.JPG

DSC_0210.JPG

DSC_0211.JPG

Made a fork tube holder for when I rebuild the R1 forks I have...

DSC_0220.JPG

DSC_0221.JPG

DSC_0223.JPG

DSC_0225.JPG

DSC_0227.JPG

All the goodies I need to do the conversion Except the new spindle. (Coming soon)
DSC_0239.JPG

Last edited:
Put about 220 miles on her now at 492, cant wait to bust the 600 mark (well really cant wait to bust 1000) so I can feel some real power. Also about to order a touring windscreen, got my ass kicked today with wind and gusts.

Same thing happened to me with the stock windscreen. The buffeting was intense. I swapped it out for a GIVI screen which works well to keep the wind off of you and is considerably larger (6" taller and 6" wider).

I just put on a $17.55 Chinese Black Double Bubble and am amazed on how good the airflow is with it. I'm 5'10" and the GIVI gave me good coverage with the wind hitting the helmet, creating significant wind noise. The Chinese screen directs the flow better and I have less wind noise and no buffeting, however, I can feel the wind hitting my torso though nor bad it can be a nuisance on a very long highway ride.

Weird, I bought mine with a touring screen already fitted, and it was hideously noisy! Got a cheap chinese d/b screen which has been brilliant, but got bored today and chopped it down!
a9eqe5y6.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

I went to Moonshine (I'm only about 20-30 miles away) last Saturday on 04-12-14. I was there early and had a burger. If you don't know about Moonshine... click.

IMG_2624.JPG

IMG_2623.JPG

IMG_2622.JPG

IMG_2625.JPG

I took a panoramic photo, but I didn't find it yet. I'll post it later if I find it.

They sold almost 3300 burgers that day. I'm amazed how far some ride to get there. It's a nice place, but it's all about the ride!

Last edited:
I went to Moonshine (I'm only about 20-30 miles away) last Saturday on 04-12-14. I was there early and had a burger. If you don't know about Moonshine... click.

IMG_2624.JPG

IMG_2623.JPG

IMG_2622.JPG

IMG_2625.JPG

I took a panoramic photo, but I didn't find it yet. I'll post it later if I find it.

They sold almost 3300 burgers that day. I'm amazed how far some ride to get there. It's a nice place, but it's all about the ride!

I seemed to have missed the "Sportbike Section" over there??;)

I seemed to have missed the "Sportbike Section" over there??;)

Honda ST 1300 and Yamaha FJR's were about as sporty as it got. I did see a few GSXR's and a Hayabusa on the way out. I couldn't find a single other FZ1 there, but I only hung out for about 30-60 minutes. I was there about 8:00 and it ran from 6:00-noon. There were many BMW's and HD's. I saw one Kawasaki ZRX 1100. And, of course, tons of GoldWings (hondapotamus). Wait, is a 'ton' of Gold Wing, just 2 of them? Well, there were about half GW's. (J/K. I actually love the GW's for what they are, and even more than that - no hate, just joking)

I've seen talk about this run on some FJR forums, but I didn't really get to talk to people. Everyone was away from their bikes, so it was hard to tell what people rode (although there were some distinct categories that were obvious).

Many bikes had dragon stickers and Iron Butt logos. I expect to see you there next year, Billy! :woot:

Last edited:
Well I sourced a set of mirrors from my old R1 streetfighter, and bodged them on to the fz1. Not too sure about them though.
arurybum.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Last week visited my parents with my daughter at the back of my little black tiger. As it was her first ride on a motorbike (as a passenger) she really enjoyed the ride. Yesterday had to go again to collect something my father made her, so decided to take the FZ1 with my daughter again at the passenger seat. This time she REALLY liked the journey. Had to tell her though to keep quiet on the speed we drove :rofl:

I had my FZ1N flashed today, totally transformed it.
Much more powerful from low rpms, i couldn't be happier!
Must add that in addition to the well known flash he loaded new gas maps on the oem ECU (no pc needed).
Many thanks to Unofear for his great job!

Back