What did you do to your FZ today?

Picked up the bike and went for a quick squirt up into the hills and back in my lunch break. Love the new hoops. Much more confidence in turns leaning over and a better feel on the road.

Installed my Motodynamic LED taillight. I disabled the sequential flasher mode because I find the solid flasher is much more noticeable under daylight conditions.

IMG_20140506_172505.jpg

IMG_20140506_172510.jpg

Installed new brake and clutch levers. CNC black expandable, adjustable with red adjusters. Easy swap except for the clutch lever bushing, The ID was too large so I swapped the OEM bushingfor it.

Installed a slip-on and EXUP eliminator. Waffled about whether to gut the cat or not, but when I pulled the stock exhaust off, I discovered that the previous owner had done the work for me. Hard to believe that I've had this bike for almost three years and never knew it.
20140509_105917.jpg

Took it shopping and somehow didn't lock the top box in DOH!!!

DSCF0033.jpg

Diggin' the V&H Exhaust. How loud is that can? Low tone or high?

Louder than I'm used to, but not quite up there with my old Shadow and its straight pipes. I'm not sure what you mean by "low tone or high" -- would love an explanation. Here's some video of it running.

[video=youtube_share;kiuvmfwi_W8]http://youtu.be/kiuvmfwi_W8[/video]

Louder than I'm used to, but not quite up there with my old Shadow and its straight pipes. I'm not sure what you mean by "low tone or high" -- would love an explanation. Here's some video of it running.

[video=youtube_share;kiuvmfwi_W8]http://youtu.be/kiuvmfwi_W8[/video]

Well thanks so much Clyde! That sounds awesome! What I meant was, I consider that a "low toned" can, with that low throaty grumble, as opposed to lets say my old D&D which kind of screamed at a higher pitch when on the gas. I really like the sound and look of the V&H so I may look into that one. Thanks for posting the video. I'm sure it will help others looking to make a decision as well.

Took her for a ride, south of the border, on a quest for smooth twisty roads :sport12:

Lake Champlain, seen just after crossing the Korean War Veteren's Memorial Bridge, into Vermont

IMG_20140510_134336.jpg

IMG_20140510_134316.jpg

IMG_20140510_134326.jpg

Last edited:
Back