What did you do to your FZ today?

Not to mine, but to my wife's.... excuse the water spots... ;)

New Zero Gravity double bubble smoked screen and purple/gold adjustable levers.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20140525_171249.jpg
    IMG_20140525_171249.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 213
Yesterday i went for a ride on some awesome windy roads at a fast pace. Even with a passenger, the fz1 handles very well. My girlfriend was on the back and I could clearly tell by the occasional death grip and screams that I frightened her more then once :)

Sent from my RM-878_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Went for one of my favorite rides on my newly purchased FZ1 ('12 leftover) and I am loving this bike! It is a joy to ride and has none of the snatchy, on/off fuel problems that I've read so much about. Ran into a guy at the mid-way coffee stop for motorcycles who was on a 2007.5 Tuono (one of my previous rides) who felt the FZ would have been a better bike for him based on all the electrical problems he's had (Aprilia's are notorious for this). That was kinda of cool to hear as I loved the Tuono, and I really feel that the FZ1 is a better version of it (minus all the style points the Ape has ) I have a feeling I'll be keeping this thing for a looooong time :sport12:

Oil change

Changed my oil after 3000 miles,first time since picking it up in Jan '14.
From Wally-world, I bought a 2.5 gal. of rotella 15w40 and a Fram PH7317 filter (1.5 times longer than stock) and fits perfect!

talesfromdarkside.jpg

In the past 2 weeks, I've changed the oil, cleaned the chain and put 3-400 miles on her. I switched from Mobil 1 4T to Royal Purple because I found it cheaper. I'm still considering just changing to Rotella T6 since it is dirt cheap. I used a K&N oil filter just because of the 17mm nut on the end. It really is a nice touch.

I have to admit I cheated on my FZ1 with a BMW S1000R and found it to be EVERYTHING and more of what I want. I see no need to mod my FZ1 now. I'll just put that money toward a BMW. Sorry Yamaha, I love you, but Beemer has a much better machine. I'm looking forward to seeing what the S1000F will be. I'm hoping for the same bike with a 1/4 fairing and luggage.

Here's the one I rode. It's even the color I want… Frozen Dark Blue Metallic

e6ugu8eq.jpg
qymymamu.jpg

Last edited:
Got home from a ride with the wife and noticed a screw in the back tire.
Luckily I was getting new tires put on in a couple days, so it is sitting up on stands with the wheels off.
Just waiting for the front tire to show up.

In the past 2 weeks, I've changed the oil, cleaned the chain and put 3-400 miles on her. I switched from Mobil 1 4T to Royal Purple because I found it cheaper. I'm still considering just changing to Rotella T6 since it is dirt cheap. I used a K&N oil filter just because of the 17mm nut on the end. It really is a nice touch.

I have to admit I cheated on my FZ1 with a BMW S1000R and found it to be EVERYTHING and more of what I want. I see no need to mod my FZ1 now. I'll just put that money toward a BMW. Sorry Yamaha, I love you, but Beemer has a much better machine. I'm looking forward to seeing what the S1000F will be. I'm hoping for the same bike with a 1/4 fairing and luggage.

Here's the one I rode. It's even the color I want… Frozen Dark Blue Metallic

e6ugu8eq.jpg
qymymamu.jpg

Was that at Sportland?

Back