What did you do to your FZ today?

Dang, these things are light!!! I almost had to tie them to the work bench when I took the mandatory cell pics. :rofl:
I have fresh rubber waiting at home, for these babies:)

Still waiting on Traxxion for my forks:sinister:
EDIT> Speak of the devil... I just got off the phone with Lee and my forks are ready!:flash:

More fun stuff to come, stay posted ;)

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 81
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
You'll love the lighter rims, they make a HUGE difference in the twisties with change of direction. The bike becomes almost flickable from one corner to the next. I love my Marchesini rims.

After going on a week long trip, last summer, I realized that I needed more storage capacity than my Givi saddlebags could provide, so I pulled the trigger on a 35L Kappa top box. Gonna mount it similar to Blanchy's set-up, in lieu of the B-pad, using a stripped seat pan as an anchor point.

Just let me know where to send the royalties, mate. ;)
41QVhHY5OFL.jpg

Last edited:
I stole the idea from someone else. My plan was a stripped base also but looked too untidy so I put the foam and cover back on it with holes through it for the mounts Make sure you give yourself enough room.

I finally finished the prepwork to powdercoat the rear rim .
7c07d82abf856f76ac4b63834bfd5b25.jpg

The front rim should go much quiker .
587954ef6cfbb8da9b0c26d58bf71833.jpg

Im pretty sure im going with something close to this yellow with black accents sprocket, brake disc inners,brake holder, the axel end and bolt and chain adj.
I also would to put an offset yellow 3" stripe or maybe Yamaha stripes down both sides of the tank .
If anyone has any suggestions let fly because this is all new to me !! Thanks

Dicko those are tough looking indicator lights! Here is my latest upgrade, dirt road seat mod by Eddie. Love how they turned out and super fast turn around. Now I have to wait for spring to come and all of this snow to go away before I can try them out.

2015-02-02 13.27.28.jpg

2015-02-02 13.27.20.jpg

IMG_20150203_155953.jpg

Last edited:
Dam i got all ten torx bolts off with one bit ! Whoop whoop
a705d17a5f6c930302cef1bd8844aa1b.jpg

Hey Lonney, my rear wheel is still at the machine shop. No luck in getting the rotor off. My front wheel is still in my livingroom. I'm going to order another impact bit to remove the front rotors. Did you use flame on the bolt heads to remove those?? I tried what I thought was enough heat but the rear still won't break loose. I may have to buy another rear wheel. I have a few saved on Ebay just in case.

Hey Lonney, my rear wheel is still at the machine shop. No luck in getting the rotor off. My front wheel is still in my livingroom. I'm going to order another impact bit to remove the front rotors. Did you use flame on the bolt heads to remove those?? I tried what I thought was enough heat but the rear still won't break loose. I may have to buy another rear wheel. I have a few saved on Ebay just in case.

Yeah Billy i heated them up pretty good. I reused the bolts on the rear rim and that was a big mistake !! I had to drill and use those extractor bits that have reversed threads and grab the bolt when you hammer them in.
I WISH YOU WERE CLOSER BUD !! I will call you

My bike is finally done!

IMGUR album with pics

Quick Start and psuedo-walkaround
[video=youtube_share;lwMW71KIzpM]http://youtu.be/lwMW71KIzpM[/video]

mods in total:
Fully redone fork internals by Ohlins
Sato Racing Rearsets
R1 master cylinder
Spiegler Stainless Lines front and rear
Ivans ECU reflash and Power commander
M4 exhaust with custom bracket for centerstand stop
16t sprocket and speedohealer
Geartech gear indicator
Replaced parking lights with LED's to side of Rabbitman's Bi-xenon projector retrofit
Yamaha Handlebar conversion kit
CRG Arrow Bar End Mirrors
Painted Radiator Covers Black
Gerbing's Heated gear wiring
added USB port for gopro
LED indicators front and rear
Dirt Road Seat Mod
Pilot Road 4 tires

Back