Fully redone fork internals by Ohlins
Sato Racing Rearsets
R1 master cylinder
Spiegler Stainless Lines front and rear
Ivans ECU reflash and Power commander
M4 exhaust with custom bracket for centerstand stop
16t sprocket and speedohealer
Geartech gear indicator
Replaced parking lights with LED's to side of Rabbitman's Bi-xenon projector retrofit
Yamaha Handlebar conversion kit
CRG Arrow Bar End Mirrors
Painted Radiator Covers Black
Gerbing's Heated gear wiring
added USB port for gopro
LED indicators front and rear
Dirt Road Seat Mod
Pilot Road 4 tires

Hah, I said that a while ago, and I just added another mod.

My bike is finally done!

IMGUR album with pics

Quick Start and psuedo-walkaround
[video=youtube_share;lwMW71KIzpM]http://youtu.be/lwMW71KIzpM[/video]

mods in total:
Fully redone fork internals by Ohlins
Sato Racing Rearsets
R1 master cylinder
Spiegler Stainless Lines front and rear
Ivans ECU reflash and Power commander
M4 exhaust with custom bracket for centerstand stop
16t sprocket and speedohealer
Geartech gear indicator
Replaced parking lights with LED's to side of Rabbitman's Bi-xenon projector retrofit
Yamaha Handlebar conversion kit
CRG Arrow Bar End Mirrors
Painted Radiator Covers Black
Gerbing's Heated gear wiring
added USB port for gopro
LED indicators front and rear
Dirt Road Seat Mod
Pilot Road 4 tires

Your bike looks sweet!! What do you think about the R1 master cylinder? I love my Dirt Road seat

Lonney, your bike looks great, what are all the bits of tape for?

Like Dicko, I've also said that I was finished modding before :)

I'm starting to go back to things I had on the bike previously. I have already removed my Yamaha Fly screen for a more naked look.

For a change I'll soon be re-installing my Rizoma Sportline Grips, Rizoma bar ends and Barracuda mirrors.

The mirrors make it easier to filter through traffic than my CRG Arrows.

Last edited:
Yeah Billy i heated them up pretty good. I reused the bolts on the rear rim and that was a big mistake !! I had to drill and use those extractor bits that have reversed threads and grab the bolt when you hammer them in.
I WISH YOU WERE CLOSER BUD !! I will call you

Hey Lonney, I'm sorry I missed your call last night. I usually turn off the cell once home. I'm going to call you tonight when I get home if that's alright with you. I will give you my house phone number at that time and to talk about these darn rims! Thanks buddy!

Lonney, your bike looks great, what are all the bits of tape for?

Like Dicko, I've also said that I was finished modding before :)

I'm starting to go back to things I had on the bike previously. I have already removed my Yamaha Fly screen for a more naked look.

For a change I'll soon be re-installing my Rizoma Sportline Grips, Rizoma bar ends and Barracuda mirrors.

The mirrors make it easier to filter through traffic than my CRG Arrows.

Ballmead thats Harrishes bike !! It is a sweet bike though . If i dont sell my bike this summer im going naked next year !!
Ive spent more time working on the FZ than riding it.

Ballmead thats Harrishes bike !! It is a sweet bike though . If i dont sell my bike this summer im going naked next year !!
Ive spent more time working on the FZ than riding it.

Oops, sorry Harrisch. I was watching the video in Lonney's quoted post lol.

I swear the older I get, the better I was...

haha no worries guys... i cant snuck my post into previous discussion so i understand the confusion....

of course i say the bike is done but im sure it wont be long until i think of something else to do haha

Lonney - so its actually brutally cold up here in rochester ny these days so im trying to pick the best day to actually bring my bike home... i havent actually ridden it yet but i absolutely cant wait.... i think between the ohlins suspension internals, stainless steel lines, r1 master cylinder and 16t sprocket with ivans tune the bike is gonna ride like (for lake of a better word) a total F***Ing badass haha... i got a membership at NY Safety Track and the mechanic that did most of the work for me goes up there pretty regularly to tune suspensions and teach a little bit -- hoping to have some awesome go pro footage for you guys in the days to come :)

Ballmead - the tape is just to mark things that havent been totally tightened yet - was still finalizing handlebar and lever positions

Last edited:
If I can get the time off work, I'm planning to spending a few days down to the Snowy Mountains and Victorian Alps at the end of the month so I'm doing a few more touring mods to the bike. I like the idea of the tubes a friend has on her motard as they give a bit more luggage flexibility. I figure there would be too much stuffing about finding all the bits and mounting them so I ordered a couple of SW-Motech Tool Tubes to go with my pannier brackets:
KFT.00.152.30100%202-528x429.jpg

It ended up being a lot more involved than I anticipated. Because of the tail tidy I had to relocate my outer indicators (keeps it road legal) to the bottom of the number plate. That meant making a new bracket.

My workbench was a mess so a day was spent tidying up the garage so I could clear the bench. I knew I'd be making the bracket out of some aluminium flat bar that I had but I didn't want the jaws on the bench vice marking it when I was cutting and drilling. I also had a bit of aluminium angle lying around so the next job was to make a set of "soft" jaws. I should have done that ages ago.

Next, measure, mark up and make the bracket. I even made allowance for relocating the original reflector, again for street legality. Once I knew it was all going to fit, time to paint it. One undercoat and three top coats over a few hours and leave it overnight

While the appropriate tools were out, I also decided to cut the ears off the rear lower SW-Motech bracket that was intended for relocating the factory indicators if the original fender is used. Cut, file and a couple of coats of paint and it is a thing of beauty. For touring I will be cutting down the original fender and bolting it to the SW-Motech bracket. It should throw back a bit less mud, stones and other crap.

I added an extra hole on the pannier brackets so the tool tubes bolted on at three points rather than two. I also had to lengthen the wires for the indicators by a few inches. I didn't want to hack them up inside the tail again so I did that behind the number plate.

When I ordered the Tool Tubes I though it would take no more than half an hour to fit them. Ended up taking 3 days but I'm happy with them except for the stickers on the lids. I will remove or change those. The Tubes will be good for holding smallish stuff I want to get to without disturbing the other luggage. I might even see if my wet weather overpants and jacket will fit in there.
Tubes_zpsirivfepc.jpg

Finished installing my "Ivanized" ECU. Pulled the Ignition module, adjusted the TPS, and got everything buttoned up just in time for the rain to start. It was in the low 40's (4C) today and I thought I might get a chance at a shake-down ride. No such luck!

Sent from Tapatalk on my Note 4.

Yesterday I went for a 240km, 3 1/2 hour ride with my brother & my Dad who's 72. He keeps up with us on the Twisties like a young gun. So proud of him on his Triumph Sprint GT. Hope I'm still doing this at his age.

Set TPS and voltage on PC V yesterday and found that my diagnostic tool only recognizes my throttle up to 90. :( Will tinker with that this week/weekend.

Re-installed my Rizoma Sportline grips and bar ends along with my Barracuda Street mirrors for a bit of a change.

I'm not happy with the position of the R1 fluid reservoir so I'll be fitting a Rizoma bracket and Rizoma CT027 reservoir later on this week.

Yeah Billy i heated them up pretty good. I reused the bolts on the rear rim and that was a big mistake !! I had to drill and use those extractor bits that have reversed threads and grab the bolt when you hammer them in.
I WISH YOU WERE CLOSER BUD !! I will call you

They are called easy outs. Here is a little tip, if you need to drill out a bolt try a left handed drill that is about the same size as the major diameter of the screw.The left handed drill will work to loosen the bolt a bit and the size of the drill will cut the head of the bolt off so that it will come out by hand. This doesn't work with hex head bolts though.

636411686790b158349550a7a94234ca.jpg
0673a49732e67e9338e425b5fe918730.jpg
584806ab7743039ab31e6093508e4613.jpg

Ive got a little more stripping to do !!
Ive got it down much quiker now
These little wire brushes will help on the front hub
b14c96d9162242aa585913f0f66fd8a5.jpg
0b3e3b7dbe08c8927b012afcc9758131.jpg
33f903ca9caf71dc7035c95b170d0072.jpg

Im still diggin the yellow !!

I picked up my wheels from the tire installer...they're even mo-pritty with tires on em:cheerleader:
Just threw on the rear disk on for a quick fone-shot.

IMG_20150218_164751_edit.jpg

Anyone looking for OEM Bronze bare rims? I have the perfect box to ship them in:p

Last edited:
Yessir... For under $220cad/pair delivered....they are hard to beat and I really like how they make my bike handle. They are good for 9-10k km of med-hard use and work well in the rain (courage level in the rain is medium-low)

Back