What did you do to your FZ today?

I woke up today on a particularly rainy morning to see this:

The supposed brake reservoir fluid hose I bought recently was weeping.
Luckily I had a spare Tygon hose and clips that I had bought at the same time I bought the black hose, so I fit it up and bled the brakes.
Currently I've got the reservoir cracked open and have a cable tie on the lever. I think it looks much better and I can keep an eye on the fluid colour from now on.

Last edited:
I've been ridding to work most of the winter. You gotta move down.

We're working on it! Two more big projects at home and it will be ready to clear out and sell the place. I need to talk to you about certain areas around Austin again. I notice the house prices are much cheaper in some areas so I question the type of neighborhood. Then there are many new developments being built with very big places listed for what we'd consider low prices. So, I naturally question quality of build!

We will get there! I have a two-year drop dead date to move regardless of what is happening. That date coincides with nearly all debt paid off. Clean slate to move with!

In a nutshell avoid east of I-35. The core of Austin proper is very expensive, the new neighborhoods are very nice. The metro is growing fastest in Hays county, south of Austin. That tends to be where the inexpensive towns are; Klye and Buda. Its the 3rd fastest growing county in the country. Cedar Park and Leander, northwest, are growing fast but are nice towns. Our store is going into Cedar Park. West Austin and the West Lake area is very nice too.

My wife is a real estate broker so when you're ready I'm sure she can pull some data for you.

Regardless of where in the metro you go traffic is insane. Even in the two years we were gone is changed exponentially.

Last edited:
Threw on my new-to-me Yamaha Gel Comfort seat and went out for an hour plus ride yesterday...and it was Sweet!!!! I didn't hate the stock seat, but it did have the tendency to become uncomfortable after an hour or so. This new seat is AWESOME! Can't believe the difference in ride comfort and as an additional benefit, the shock absorption was quite nice! Definitely made riding over our broken up roads a whole lot more comfortable! :sport12:

Installed Satan's adapter with a R1 2008 rear shock. The difference is huge, finally i have a real suspension that works. I just have to get used to the slightly changed geometry.

Do you know what other year R1 shocks work? I see an 09' on EBay selling cheap with only supposedly 13K miles on it.

04-06 R1 shock works good for riders up to 190# and the 07-08 R1 shock works to 220#. 09 and up shocks won't clear the voltage regulator under the seat. First information was taken from the satan666 thread for the adaptor from another forum. Hope this helps.

I left it home in the garage... why? because it &^#Y^%@ SNOWED! April and I had to shovel the driveway... FML! So, she sits at home in the garage looking out the window, hoping, wishing, praying, yearning for good weather... hell, not even good weather, just WARM weather without fear of ice, snow and frost!

Next week is promising, far more than this week was. I got her out Monday and that was it. :shaking head: :disapproval: :rant: :banghead: :flip:

I left it home in the garage... why? because it &^#Y^%@ SNOWED! April and I had to shovel the driveway... FML! So, she sits at home in the garage looking out the window, hoping, wishing, praying, yearning for good weather... hell, not even good weather, just WARM weather without fear of ice, snow and frost!

Next week is promising, far more than this week was. I got her out Monday and that was it. :shaking head: :disapproval: :rant: :banghead: :flip:

Dang i hope it warms up for you . Thats just downrite rude !!

Put my PC in, and uploaded a tune.

Also decided to do the lars mod because I want the extra noise. Might also look at some velocity stacks for the hell of it.

Back