What did you do to your FZ today?

Spent some more time in the garage. EXUP serviced, TPS adjusted. Bought a replacement handlebar and bar ends thanks to my WTB threads. Still want to sync carbs, hopefully another day this week as theWolf is wreaking havoc making me more victim than Tamer.

Got in a short test ride on the BT-023s. I love them so far!

I've got LED turn signals on the way so soon it will be off with the stockers (again). My chain and sprockets still look great so I think I'm just going to order a kit and carry it with me on the trip so I can change it if it's needed.

Tonight I'm consulting with the manuals (Clymer and Service) to make sure I get everything done before D-Day next month.

Bought some Mothers Metal Polish and polished my frame. Looks nice and shine now. Next week I will do the engine or where ever my hands can reach.

12,000 miles and counting after 1 Yr 17 days of ownership :yes:

Bought some Mothers Metal Polish and polished my frame. Looks nice and shine now. Next week I will do the engine or where ever my hands can reach.

12,000 miles and counting after 1 Yr 17 days of ownership :yes:

How about a picture? I am trying to visualise a part of the frame that needs polishing. What color is your frame?

Poured like a bastard around these parts yesterday and windy as heck. Did my best imitation of a flat tracker all day roads sucked and my bike is dirtier than it's ever been:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I gave my new-to-me corbin seat (Gen 1) a two day test.... not for me. Went back to stock this morning and like it much better. The corbin pushed me back too far from the bars and is just too hard.

Swat some bugs/ Spanked a Buell

Rode the loop a 27 mile backroad run, starts south side of my driveway ends north side, caught me a Buell XB9 about 5 miles out. He was quick in the twisties, but no big end at 80 they got no steam left. About 7 of those miles are straight,so bye bye Buell. At last count think I got about 800 bugs, good times.

Used a printing press and tie downs to help with front wheel removal. Getting new rubber today.
63af54ed-733b-bdf5.jpg

Took Off the wheels

I preparation for new rubber tomorrow (the shop is closed today) I removed the wheels. It involved some shuttling of vehicles in the garage to make room to work. The front axle slider gave me trouble. The left side bolt would not come out and it wouldn't slide out that side. When I put it back there will be red locktite on the right side threads and just a tiny drop of blue on the left.

I used my handy scissor jack and raised the front with the rubberised jack feet holding the outer two header pipes with the bike on the centerstand, worked like a charm. I (of course) cleaned everything after disassembly and bagged the wheels and loaded them into the Mini.

Onthestand.jpg

headerjack.jpg

Cleanedsprocket.jpg

FZ1wheels.jpg

Bagged.jpg

Tomorrow I'll be the first customer at the bike shop. My Pilot Road 2's are already paid for and waiting. :tup: By Sunday I will be able to say I rode it! It will be 13 degrees and sunny, WOO HOO!

It is nice to make an FZ related post for a change again!

Last edited:
Put on Two wheels

I was waiting at the dealer's service department this morning. It took just over an hour to get the wheels back with the new rubber. I wenr to the hardware store on the way home to try and find the right sized allen key socket so I could properly torque the front axle. No luck, so I picked up a 3/8" connector nut to use wth my spark plug socket. The only torque wrench that goes high enough for the job is a 1/2" drive or I would have stuck an extention into the socket from the inside (I couldn't find my reducer socket). Anyway it worked great as shown.

FrontAxletorquetool.jpg

I had no problems reinstalling and was meticulous about cleaning and lubing all the affected parts before final install. All bolts torqued to manual specs, and Chain adjusted with a micrometer.

RearPR2CT.jpg

FrontPR2CT.jpg

FrontTire.jpg

PilotRoad2ct.jpg

Tomorrow I go and scrub them in with the sunny, balmy high of 13*. Pictuires to follow.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Installed 16/46 Driven spockets that I purchased from Papa Geno. Now I can crank the front wheel off the ground by bringing her to 7500 get out of the throttle and whack it WFO no clutch Weeeeeeeeeeee.

Back