What did you do to your FZ today?

Did you get a chance to ride, and if so, how did you like the exhaust?

I did, actually.. 50+ miles.. some in rain.. it's all good!

I was expecting the exhaust to be louder.. it's no louder than stock, if I'm not mistaken. Baffle can be removed for those who like to make noise (I'm not one of em). Note is quite good.. not as throaty as Leo Vince on my FZ6, but pretty close. Biggest benefit is losing the cannon look and good chunk of weight :D (yes, I weighed stock vs this one.. Delk is ~11 pounds lighter).

Big day!

1. Installed Givi touring screen
2. Installed USB wire hooked up to switched power.
3. Waterproof GPS case installed.
4. Handlebar swap (Drilled out FZ1 bar to OEM FZ1 bar.. so I can use OEM bar ends).
4. Oury road grips installed.
5. Delkevic exhaust installed.
6. Silverstar bulbs installed.
7. Installed eBay levers.

Wow you had a busy day! Isn't modding great :D I remember when I first got my bike I couldn't wait to do all the mods that I kept reading about. Now I just wish I had more free time to ride...

Really I did it during weekend but it still works:
+ R&G Axle Sliders
+ Rim Stripes
+ Givi Topcase
I also ordered a set of pazzo short levers

and... I have a horrible noise -vibration- in front of the cockpit (I read about it somewhere here), so I have some homework to do to kill it :shoot:

.... I have a horrible noise -vibration- in front of the cockpit (I read about it somewhere here), so I have some homework to do to kill it :shoot:

Sounds like the typical issue with the cover over the instrument cluster that sits beneath the windscreen. Do a search and you'll find easy solutions to the problem.

Sounds like the typical issue with the cover over the instrument cluster that sits beneath the windscreen. Do a search and you'll find easy solutions to the problem.

+1! I just fixed this on mine. Both the instrument cluster and the wind deflector were vibrating. Pulled the fairing off to add a washer to top mounting bolt on the gauge cluster and just added folded up electrical tape between the cowling and the wind deflector.. no more noise :D

Just ordered Clear Alternatives Clear taillight with integrated signals and Vortex cat5 gold rear sprocket (45T) from 58cycles, and DID 530vm gold chain, proton flush mount signals, and did link from Indysuperbikes. Both EXCELLENT places, great prices, and free shipping. Come on UPS!

Acessory Outlet

Hey,

This was last night but I was able to install acessory outlet on my 04 FZ1, and it works. What makes me happy is that I used a quick connect plug from a battery charger to use it when I want it. The same connection can be also used to tenderize the battery. Killed tow birds with one stone.

Thanks,
Adam
:+2:

Signed for this:
DSCN5175.JPG

I love how well it's packaged:
DSCN5176.JPG

It's the first new one I've ever purchased
DSCN5184.JPG

It arrived in perfect condition. Will install it later (either today or tomorrow) and will post more pics of it then. This was just a tease because I couldn't keep the good news to myself any longer!

Yesterday I washed it (not very well, but it was really short on time and I washed the wife's ninja 250 too). Today I ordered some Michelin Pilot Road 3's. I plan to have them installed next Tuesday. :woot:

I took my back tire in, along with a Michelin pilot to be mounted..bummer the mechanic wasn't there. Haveta pick it up tomorrow. :( BOO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed my badly needed rear wheel bearings. Didn't know about the clip and broke the bearing puller I bought just for this. I have to find the reciept so I can take it back to the store.

From this
DSCN5196.JPG

to this
DSCN5221.JPG

This was a result of my ignorance. I didn't know they needed checking. I didn't know how to check them. Now that I know, that won't happen again.

Also

DSCN5193.JPG

DSCN5229.JPG

Video sound (un edited)
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/G9Er10sR_Wl7TS124stblg?feat=directlink

Hopefully I'll get better pics tomorrow. Had to test the new bearings! :flash:

My new exhaust. It's a GPR Speed Cone that's black stainless steel that has been chemically treated not painted with a silver kevlar end cap. I had to ask them to make one for the gen 1. Got it from this ebay seller: Negozi eBay - motochepassionesrl su eBay.it

Shipping was super fast from Italy, they shipped it on Monday and I got it yesterday morning.

Last edited:
Wolfy that bearing is a shocker!! Good thing you got to it before it seized. The exhaust looks awesome. Did they really make a one-off for your Gen I? That's impressive!

Back