What did you do to your FZ today?

I have not touched my FZ1 since my trip to New Mexico. Gues I got a bit burned out. I need to get back in the saddle! All I have been doing is starting it and the DRZ for a bout 15 minutes each week.

rode it.

Somewhere around Lake Burton:
IMG_20121208_100548.jpg

Last edited:
My bike looked like that at the beginning of the afternoon

IMG1510.jpg

Made the wiring for the GIpro and reassembled everything, it works :wilynily:
It's showing a L because I did the Learning procedure after I took the picture.

I also installed the venhill front brake lines but got problems with bleeding, can't get a firm lever, found a solution here on the forum, I'll get back to try tomorrow.

IMG1517.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8kQ1WNhl9I]Integrated GIpro - YouTube[/ame]

If it went wrong, it wouldn't be your fault I would have not blamed you hahaha

Got a lot of experience working on my car, I was confident, got scared while removing the needle with the two spoons though, the needle hit the ceiling when it got off lol

don't worry and thanks again for the write up

Hey Zak did you do anything different? If so please post on the original thread so others can benefit.

Can someone post a link to the orignal thread as I am considering doing this mod over the winter hibernation. I've used the search funtion three different ways and can't find that thread. Thanks

Put my motrax electronic chain oiler on today. Hid it under the left set panel neatly, ran the pipework tidily away, and found a switch live wire to tee into. The live wire was part of my heated grip relay.
Whoever wired that up only had one colour of wire! All bloody red! As I pulled the switch live off the relay, it jolted a bit and pulled ALL the wires off! It was then trial, error and copious amounts of swearing finding out where all the wires went, each combination costing me a 10amp fuse. :rant:
I eventually found the combination that worked without a flash from the fusebox, and my oiler even started working! Result!

A 1 hour job took me nearly 2 1/2 hours of painstaking electrickery (which I'm not very good at) all because of my ham fisted efforts to save a couple of quid! Right, I'm off for a well deserved beer!:cowboy:

73* is summer time :Rockon: It was ugly out side but I rolled it to the door and fired it up. Let it warm and then gave it some twist's. OH I miss that sound. Then I put it up again. I may get a short ride in today if all goes well with the weather.

Back