What did you do to your FZ today?

Fork Cap Decals

Got these from Lonzol on the other forum. I need reading glasses and always forget them when riding. Now I can make adjustments and check the difference while riding.

Turned up some 5mm flanged spacers ready to put the R1 brakes onto the Ohlins FGRT 206 forks next week. I also installed Rizoma grips and got the R1 master cylinder ready with the Rizoma cylinder bracket and mirror adaptor.

Climbing a pass the other night and the throttle died. Got it going again but the throttle wouldn't roll smooth or past 20% without a LOT of muscle.
A quick inspection after crawling home didn't show much. But the Rizoma cable retainer is looking...worn. Was late so left it there.
8299520309_1a6ba9a74d_z.jpg

Tried the OEM throttle tube which made no difference. So, chased the cable. Off with bodywork, tank and airbox. A lot of lubing, cleaning and "Where the f##* are you?"s
Then, broke out the little telescopic antenna-like thing with a mirror on the end and a spot LED to get a look up the problems skirt :hook2: and there it was
8299517165_eeeed64721_c.jpg

No idea how but the cable had jumped the retainer on the cam which was causing the super-stiff throttle. Was a PITA in getting it back on the cam. That little hook tool for changing bicycle tyres did the trick!

Next, moved onto adjusting the clutch cable as it had finally run out of adjuster at the lever end. Not bad considering it's done more than 100,000km! Went looking for the adjuster while the tank was off. Immediate thought was the opposite end of the cable. That was looking like another PITA until... following the cable to the shifter side alongside the frame, there was an adjuster hidden under the cabling. Got to wind back about 2/3 of the adjuster range. Wonder how much is left in the clutch itself.
8299510429_50aaa59e09_z.jpg

I was on a roll and Ms.Fuzz was loving the attention so swapped wheels too. The rear was looking like Kojak's melon
8299504529_443530734c_c.jpg

Not any more!
8300558138_31a29a4249_z.jpg

Last up was the BMC air cleaner. Cleaning time and it was filthy!
8299512397_6f0145c002_c.jpg

Drying now and reinstall tomorrow.

Mmmm, what else can I do tomorrow?

Went for a ride. Realized my speedo was displaying zero. Came home ripped it apart added some dielectric grease to my connections and removed my speedo healer. All was well. Went for another ride.

Gonna change back to a 17t and do without the speedo healer.

Back