What did you do to your FZ today?

i dropped handlbar bolt and it landed on top of motor so i had to remove airbox but i got it! i got acorns out from between header and cleaned everything up I only have a couple extra scratches but i did it myself and its a good feeling

It does feel good doesn't it?

I have driven motorcycles for years but quit working on them when I got out of college. I always paid someone to do it but after REPEATED poor performance by MULTIPLE mechanics - In one instance I made marks with a sharpie to see if the mechanic even raised the tank to get to the carbs - NOPE! The marks I made were still lined up. Maybe a 1 in a 1000 coincidence but I doubt it since my problems were NOT fixed. :disapproval: I decided I was the only person I could trust.

So I started working on my bike again and it does feel great to step back and look at what you have done. Turn the key and hear that engine pur - WooooHooo! That is a great feeling of accomplishment. :tup:

windshield

The black windshield looks awesome, did you just paint the backside so it is shiny on the front side? Good job on everything else too, looks great

thanks and yes i just painted the inside wiped down with alcohol and sprayed with krylon plastic paint

It does feel good doesn't it?

I have driven motorcycles for years but quit working on them when I got out of college. I always paid someone to do it but after REPEATED poor performance by MULTIPLE mechanics - In one instance I made marks with a sharpie to see if the mechanic even raised the tank to get to the carbs - NOPE! The marks I made were still lined up. Maybe a 1 in a 1000 coincidence but I doubt it since my problems were NOT fixed. :disapproval: I decided I was the only person I could trust.

So I started working on my bike again and it does feel great to step back and look at what you have done. Turn the key and hear that engine pur - WooooHooo! That is a great feeling of accomplishment. :tup:

yes it is a good feelin last time i got my rear tire replaced they told me my back brakes were bad and it would be an extra hundred bucks i said fine did you clean the calibur and lube the slides and bleed some fluid out and of course they didnt so they charged me for the pads only WTF i would have gladly paid the extra money to get it done right

Dropped the Ohlins rear shock in. Also found an oil leak which was repeired under warranty.

I put in a picture of the Rizoma Lux grips too. I didn't like the other Rizoma grips so I swapped them out for the Lux grips.... Oh so much better.

In the process of fixing it after a friend wrecked it..took off stator cover to replace..washer falls into sump..:wtf::shame:
Will not be messing with it for a couple days...totally disgusted

sorted crankcase breather out

WP_000040+%28Small%29.jpg

Dropped the Ohlins rear shock in. Also found an oil leak which was repeired under warranty.

I put in a picture of the Rizoma Lux grips too. I didn't like the other Rizoma grips so I swapped them out for the Lux grips.... Oh so much better.

The new shock looks killer!!! Maybe someday I'll have enough extra cash to get me one!

In the process of fixing it after a friend wrecked it..took off stator cover to replace..washer falls into sump..:wtf::shame:
Will not be messing with it for a couple days...totally disgusted

OUCH! Hopefully your friend is still your friend and is helping you out with the bill. That sucks, but sometimes it's better to walk away for a while and take a breather.

sorted crankcase breather out

WP_000040+%28Small%29.jpg

Sweet looking piece Luke! Very slick!

finished up my valve check and replaced a couple shims. changed the oil and filter, flushed the radiator, syched the throttle bodis, cleaned the chain and polished my headers. oh and gave her a bath. now shes in tip top condition for this season. time to go for a ride:sinister:

Mocked up my homemade shorty exhaust and put some miles on it today. A little loud but not bad, and will look really good once completely welded and painted.

Jump started and rode some to see what all she needs to be a good bike again.
Carbs need cleaned needs tires needs forks for sure.
its been over 4 years since this bike has had any work other than paint done to it.

Jump started and rode some to see what all she needs to be a good bike again.
Carbs need cleaned needs tires needs forks for sure.
its been over 4 years since this bike has had any work other than paint done to it.

Jamie!! How have you been pal?! Glad to see you on the board. You gotta post a shot of what she looks like now. It's been so long I forgot!:cheers:

I will try to get a few pix next time I'm working on it.
It's been crashed three times since I last owned it. My brothers wife high sided it and he put a new tank and plastics as well as the handle bars that were broke in the crash then he painted it viper blue and it just sat there for three to four years till I got it back. All I have done so far is put sea foam in it and change the front rotors out and ride it around put about 120 miles on it so far. It's weirded riding the bike I crashed on in 2006 again. Never thought I would see the bike again but I have it.

Back