What did you do to your FZ today?

Pulled the cover off & looked at it & how I am going to do the rearset swap. Then put the cover back on & hobbled back inside. I did my back on the weekend & can't do much of anything right now.

Received a surprise delivery yesterday! New BMC air filter. Installed it (almost upside-down, but I got that straightened out). Took the better part of an hour, not because of any difficulties, but because I told my nine-year-old that he could help. It was more about bonding than mechanics.

The tires on the 2001 I purchased a few months ago looked new. They only had 4000 miles on them, however they were hard and slick. So today, I rode to CC Powersports in southern Indiana to get new tires. It was 21 degrees out. I wanted to spend the next nice day riding instead of having tires put on.

I got Dunlop Sportmax Q3's. I liked what I read about them. The tech told me to ride on them for 100 miles before putting them through their paces. I've heard this before, but it doesn't seem quite right to me. If I take it easy in the curves, then I'll never really use all of the tire. Every time I lean a little further, I'll be on new rubber. The tires are nice and sticky. Shouldn't I just go for it?

I also had the chain cleaned and lubed. The stuff they put on it was white. He said the white goes away after you ride it awhile. Anybody else have experience with this?

While I was there, I sat on a 2009 FZ1. I can't believe how much lighter they feel.

Luckily it was nice enough today to dry out the roads a bit and i was able to get a short ride in. It felt so good to be back on it and able to test out all the winter modifications.

What I did with T-Racy today ;-)

Louky... By taking it easy on the new rubber for a 100 miles or so you're simply staying off the pavement. Let the new rubber heat up some and then you're good to go side to side horizontally as far as you have the nerve to.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
OK it's like this, I've been away at the corporate office for training & certification for almost 3 weeks. Lots of meet & greets, study, stress and frickin' snow... I've been Jonesing for multiple twists of the wrist, throaty exhaust responses, the occasional pop pop popping sound no AIS install brings, picking T-Racy up in 2nd & 3rd just for grins & giggles and basically anything faster than 65 mph. I kissed my bride of 23 yrs. and told her I had to spend some quality time with the other Little Darling in my life.
Damn I feel like a new man this afternoon... all except my right knee that is. The knee feels old, really really old. Well, that's what I get for not spending time with T-Racy...
Peace

Matches up nice with that pipe. I still can't get over the size of some of the European plates....ah!!

Get some rearsets (black) and get rid of the passenger pegs and you'd have a nice looking blacked out bike!

Luckily it was nice enough today to dry out the roads a bit and i was able to get a short ride in. It felt so good to be back on it and able to test out all the winter modifications.

Won't be trying that in good old WINTERPEG.....we cannot get out of this freaking deep freeze here over 70 days so far this winter with over -40Cel temps with windchill.....-33 last night and calling for -37 tomorrow night and that is with NO wind.
Sucks too cold to even sled........enjoy it Alberta we envy you

Matches up nice with that pipe. I still can't get over the size of some of the European plates....ah!!

Get some rearsets (black) and get rid of the passenger pegs and you'd have a nice looking blacked out bike!

Imagine that i have already cut the plate 1cm all around (18x18cm)!
The rearsets cost a little too much,so i'm thinking of painting them instead (and the pegs too).

Just fitted some Datatool heated grips. They are awesome. B-)
Tested today in 7 degrees Celsius.
a4y8aqug.jpg

ynusubuh.jpg

Sendt fra min D5503 med Tapatalk

Montreal bike show

I went to the Montreal Bike Show today. :flash:

You know what? A company called "JVM Concept" now makes FULL FAIRINGS for GEN2 FZ1N and FZ1S!!! They look AMAZING!

:thewave:

Here's the link.

They are around EUR 450, and you have to find a distributor to get them.
Hurray!

mods done this weekend

I installed my motodynamic LED tail light,R1 shock,mounted the GPS and tomorrow the pilot pures go on.....come on spring:surrender:

I used to have all the givi bags, tall windshield, highway pegs, xm radio, heated grips, all the old man touring stuff. I did a 9,000+ mile trip by myself last year. I took everything off and went to the ohio mile. Absolute joke and waste of time. So now I'm putting all that stuff back on this week to go to Florida for work/ riding. I can't get over how the salt flats (Bonneville for bike week) just made a mess out of all my gear/bolts. I had already put new rotors and brakes pads on it from the salt. I was there for 2 days. Hoping to leave Saturday. My cruise doesn't work with my rizoma bars so I have to tap them. My powered up tank bag mount doesn't work with my vortex gas cap so I'm machining it today at work.

Back