What did you do to your FZ today?

……..I'll tell ya one thing, I am rusty on 2 wheels. Cmon spring.

I hear that. I finally went for a ride over the weekend and besides being rusty, I was sore after a couple hours. And I even took a break an hour into the ride.

Thank goodness for Advil :)

Oh, since this is a "what did you do" thread. The reason for the ride was I installed the Zero Gravity Touring Screen I bought off forum member (JMundy) before winter set in.

The test proved I made a good choice. :)

Jon…

How about some details.

:needpics:

Saw this ad on the other FZ1 board.
2009 Yamaha Fz1 - Granite/blk, <7.5k Mi, New Pirelli's, Lots Of Aftermarket Goodies!! - FZ1OA Message Board

DSC01780.jpg

I plan on turning it into something like this soon though.
Bensstuff041.jpg

Repacked slip on, I thought it was CF skin over Stainless, Nope. If you have the one I do, take it easy getting the end cap off. I used a large rubber hammer. Tap tap tap tap tap X 50 around it and she came out.

Make sure you have ALL the rivets out like the video shows and I would watch it first 3 times. That space age packing they have is weird stuff. Had to find a piece of SS wire to use a hook to get it out, coat hanger wasn't strong enough. They pack a ton of it in there. And they sent just enough, I thought it was way to much.

Them SS rivets were a Bear to snap, I had to use the vise. But she's done, I replaced the rubber mounting stuff and new springs to boot :icon_beer:

SS Break Lines came today as well so I will try and get them on next week.

Last edited:
I actually pulled it out of winter storage! I cleaned it a bit and it fired right up. I rode about 100 miles and passed 18,000 miles on the odometer. :flash:

These are the first miles of the year for me. There is a possibility of snow again on Tuesday! :flip: I hate you winter. :(

I finally got to take the FZ for a proper ride with the dukes map(thanks Duke) and the Graves full exhaust . WOW I am a little rusty from the winter.Even if I wasn't ringing her out just riding normal I can upshift through the gears faster. I think I might be putting some lower bars back on!!
SPRING IS HERE WOO HOO

Completely disassembled my headlight, simplified the wiring and changed design so I can easily change light bulb without comllplete teardown. Had my friend paint them at a body shop and they turned out way better than my previous rattle can paint job. Also made new lenses because I sctached one the end of last year. Sent out my ECU to Ivan on Thursday and expecting it on Tuesday. Can't wait to try it out!

I had my fed inspection and passed on friday (imported bike)
Provincial inspection next Wednesday, then all the aftermarket goodies will be installed.
Still waiting for the white poo to melt...
Installed T-rex sliders on the fork, frame and rear axle.
Adjusted the chain tension and lubed it.
Installed Fiamm Freeway Blaster HI/LOW horns.(loud as hell compared to the oem buzzer)

After a little over 2.5 years without a bike, I bought a 2009 FZ1 this evening. I pick up the bike on Saturday if the weather will cooperate. I found the bike through the other FZ1 forum, met a very nice guy named Chip. I almost bought a 2005 FJR a couple of weeks ago but wanted a newer bike.

Back