What did you do to your FZ today?

I finally had time to mount my GIVI saddlebags.:)

I had to modify the rear-most mounting point, since my ride has a fender eliminator and Givi uses a fender mounted U bracket to stabilize the bottom rear corners of the rack.

The mod involves removing the existing (2) rear-most flat-heads (M6 x 25mm), drilling out the threads with a 1/4" drill bit. Replace the bolts with M6 x 40mm that thread into a 1 piece cross-bar(1/2" x 11.5" long,thin-wall square tubing) that I tig welded M6 flange-nuts to the ends.

The tapered bosses the flat-heads go through are made of the shittiest POT-METAL....over-torquing will cause them to split into many pieces... you have been warned. (snug + blue loctite is the key)

IMG_20140627_135104.jpg

IMG_20140627_135045.jpg

Crashed it. Actually, that was yesterday. Today I got word from the insurance estimator that it would likely be totalled.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

Crashed it. Actually, that was yesterday. Today I got word from the insurance estimator that it would likely be totalled.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

You're posting here a day later so hopefully that means you're not hurt. Sorry to hear about the bike; what's the story?

2nd day of a ten-day trip from Detroit to North Carolina. Had ridden some scenic roads, but nothing technically difficult. I was in the lead and was (softly) on the brakes going into a left-hander to light up the brake light and warn the guys behind me of the curve. There were train tracks in the middle of the curve, and they were at a horrible angle (probably 45 degrees to the road). Don't remember specifically, but I'm guessing I panicked a bit and grabbed the rest of the front brakes. Front end washed out and I low-sided. (Surprisingly) We weren't speeding. Just too much front brake. Didn't see any hazards in the road, so I think it was purely rider error.

Destroyed my textile gear, but it did a decent job. Jacket rode up on the sleeve, so I got some rash on my left arm. Also the waist rode up (completely forgot to zip my pants to my jacket) and I got a small patch of road rash on my side. Seem to have twisted my ankle a bit, too, since it's hurting today. Don't think I hit my helmet, as there are no marks on it.

I slid off the right side of the road and down into a ravine (described as a" little ditch" to my wife) and came to rest about 25 feet down the hill.

First crash for me, and first accident as well. Insurance company has been great to deal with, and covered replacement aftermarket accessories as well as gear.

Ruined the trip for me, but could have been a lot worse. The guys I was riding with made it to Cornerspin class this morning, after staying with me through the whole thing. I skipped it because of the ankle and general soreness. They'll head for the Dragon and lots of other great roads on Sunday.

I picked up a rental car (2014 Mustang) and will head back to Michigan tomorrow after stopping at the shop to pick up a few personal items that we couldn't haul on one of the other bikes.

Glad you're OK. Hope you get back on two wheels soon.

I managed to find some time to install the rear braided line and new front calipers and bleed both systems through. Now I just need it to stop raining long enough for the roads to dry out so that I can go and test them out and make any adjustments before hitting the hills.

Attachments

• 20140628_151652.jpg
    20140628_151652.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 20140628_151638.jpg
    20140628_151638.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 20140628_151629.jpg
    20140628_151629.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Dicko, your wheels suspension and brakes would cost more than my bike! Hope you enjoy it. Also what is the ring on your right fork tube? I check travel with a cable tie but this seems like something that comes standard on ohlins.

Yep, suspension travel indicator that comes stock on Ohlins. My downhill forks on my mountain bike had a similar setup. Moto 3 starting now, C'mon Miller...

Very nice Dicko, you have some awesome, shiny suspension and brakes. Your bike must be a ton of fun to ride.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The best thing I did to this bike was upgrade the front & rear suspension, put on Marchesini rims and then get the PCV dynotuned. The suspension and rims make it a ball to ride. Hoping the brakes make a difference over the 6 pot Nissin brakes I had on there too.

An R1 MC which is also Brembo. When I changed to the R1 6 pot callipers I had to change MC as the 6 Pot need a bigger reservoir. This meant I had to buy the Rizoma mirror adapter as the R1 MC doesn't have a mounting point for the mirror. I also had to get longer brake lines (custom Hel braided lines) as the mounting points are further out on the bar on the R1 MC.

I have a 2008 R1 front end with an R6 radial MC. I'm surprised you went with the Brembo callipers as I'm more than happy with my R1 6 pot set up. They do look really nice though and hopefully you'll get some extra performance out of them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just finished putting in Ivan ecu in and open air box all the way up. And put it on Dyno at a bike night event last night. 138 hp still running stock header. Sure is a blast to ride. And I'm at 5200 feet in denver. Gain about 5 hp with the ecu pcv but definitely has more down low.

It looks awesome and I bet it sounds even better. If I were to get an aftermarket exhaust, MIVV carbon would be my first choice, and a Two Brothers would be second.

Not today but a few days ago i installed my new Mivv Suono black steel...

ωραιος ο σταμος!!!
δεν ειναι racefit βεβαια,αλλα απο το ολοτελα καλη κ η παναγιωταινα!!!
χαχχαχαχαχ!!!!

βαλε κ ενα βιδεο να καυλωσουμε με τον ηχο ρε συ σταμο.....!!!

α ρε ποτανα κριση.....τελω κ γω αλλαγμενη ecu με κομμενο φιλτροκουτι......
ποτε θα κατεβω να βολταρω το δικο σου να δω πως τραβαει το εργαλειο....!!!

ωραιος ο σταμος!!!
δεν ειναι racefit βεβαια,αλλα απο το ολοτελα καλη κ η παναγιωταινα!!!
χαχχαχαχαχ!!!!

βαλε κ ενα βιδεο να καυλωσουμε με τον ηχο ρε συ σταμο.....!!!

α ρε ποτανα κριση.....τελω κ γω αλλαγμενη ecu με κομμενο φιλτροκουτι......
ποτε θα κατεβω να βολταρω το δικο σου να δω πως τραβαει το εργαλειο....!!!

FIXED>>>

帅斯塔莫斯!
racefit不能确定,但是从完全好n个panagiotaina!
chachchachachach!

淡水河谷Ñ与声音嘿斯塔莫斯一个kafloso螺丝.....!

危机.....诶potana海关Ñ改变由于ECU与切割气箱......
当将下载漫步此致来看看它是如何拉工具....!

@IBcivic: Hahahahahah!!!! Excuse us, Greeks!
The sound is simply amazing, as deep as it can go but i think some people will find it a little bit loud. I personally don't have a problem with that, i have the insert installed while commuting in the city and i will remove it outside the city limits.
I don't think they make a cf version anymore due to quality issues, the cf sleeve used to break-open easily....
@kyko: Thanks! As soon you have the ecu flashed you will realize that our bike has nothing to be jealous of the other japanese liter class naked bikes (and not only...) even 8 years after it's introduction to the market...
I'll be in Athens till late July - test ride available!

Back