What did you do to your FZ today?

Bought a new pair of Alpinestar gloves at Cycle Gear today. Wife bought a new pair of pink Icon gloves and ordered a pair of Frank Thomas summer textile pants.

Brought my bike back from the Tunning shop, after the following mods installed: Ivan's FCE, Sub Throttle plates, Yoshi full TRC, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, airbox mode, K&N Filter, the bike develops 164HP, this has been all done without a PCIII unit since with it the bike gains only 3 HP I Took it down, and modified the stock ECU. So don't bother spending another 300 bucks for 3 hp :doh2:. The stock ECU has a lot of possibilities that very few of them know. Anyways the bike after theese mods it's terrific:yes:

My baby got a bath after her long trip. Also a good clean and lube of the chain.
3001d1275324338-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-dsc00812.jpg

I used Honda spray polish this time to detail after the wash. I had heard great things about it. All I can say is those who said great things about it have not used the Yama Lube spray polish. I think the yama lube polish is far superior as it takes less work to buff out and it also leaves a superior finish. Don't get me wrong, the Honda polish is not horrible it just ain't ain't as good.

Rode it two up from Austin to Lakeway, to Volente, to Marble Falls and back...all before noon and the heat. Time for the pool, cooking some burgers, and nice afternoon.

From a vet of other vets on this Memorial Day, "Thanks" to you and those that have fallen, may we all meet some day at Fiddler's Green. :icon_beer:

Brought my bike back from the Tunning shop, after the following mods installed: Ivan's FCE, Sub Throttle plates, Yoshi full TRC, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, airbox mode, K&N Filter, the bike develops 164HP, this has been all done without a PCIII unit since with it the bike gains only 3 HP I Took it down, and modified the stock ECU. So don't bother spending another 300 bucks for 3 hp :doh2:. The stock ECU has a lot of possibilities that very few of them know. Anyways the bike after theese mods it's terrific:yes:

How did you modify your ECU? I've use ECMSPY, and Ohio Sport Bike for my Buell, but I'm not aware of a similar product for Yamahas.

Built a new summer windscreen out of the stock one I had around the house.

WindScreenFlatTop.JPG

Here is my first version

Fz1Screen.jpg

Both are the same height at just over 10 1/2" tall total.

Last edited:
Yesterday I installed new brake and clutch adjustable levers from BIHR, black ones. Also put a sticker with my lucky number on the windscreen. Picture will be posted.
Other today I adjusted chain slack and greased it, and readjusted my gearpedal (the axel between gearbox and pedal) as I noticed it didn't went so smooth anymore into 2nd. Too hot to take out for a ride now in full leathers...Will take her out maybe tonight or tomorrow....:cool:

First Poker Run

I just took the fz1 on my first poker run. Over 250 miles of riding, may not seem like much to some but it wore me out.

I spent the whole day with my baby on Saturday , installed a K+N air filter , new spark plugs , removed AIS , siliconed the airvent in the dash and fresh Motul 5100 oil with a K+N oil filter.

Today is wash day + chain lube.

Back