What did you do to your FZ today?

Yup, The naked is £10,124 which is $16,500 and the half faired model is £11,124 or $18,200:jaw drop:

If you think that's bad, the 2011 R1 is £13,524 or just over $22,000 :eek:

Wow. Wish I could buy a bunch of used $4000-$5000 FZ1's here and sell them there for $8000-$9000!

Yup, The naked is £10,124 which is $16,500 and the half faired model is £11,124 or $18,200:jaw drop:

If you think that's bad, the 2011 R1 is £13,524 or just over $22,000 :eek:

Tax is high in my country. We had to pay high amount to get a big cc bike. My bike cost about USD$23000 (recent currency exchanged). Some dealer even sell for about USD$26k+.... so mine is considering cheap...:gagged:

Today I just lube the chain using Motul chain lube after 1 week not riding it... Hoping tomorrow can bring it for it's 1st service...

Last edited:
Tax is high in my country. We had to pay high amount to get a big cc bike. My bike cost about USD$23000 (recent currency exchanged). Some dealer even sell for about USD$26k+.... so mine is considering cheap...:gagged:

Today I just lube the chain using Motul chain lube after 1 week not riding it... Hoping tomorrow can bring it for it's 1st service...

WOW that´s really expensive and i thought the 12500€ ($18000) in Portugal was pricey.

I Dropped Mine in a Parking Lot

my shoe lace got caught on that little nub underneath the foot peg and I couldn't get my leg down......pretty self explanatory.....very embarrassing. Already bought a new Trex slider for $10....problem solved.

DAMN!!!!

Choppastyle

my shoe lace got caught on that little nub underneath the foot peg and I couldn't get my leg down......pretty self explanatory.....very embarrassing. Already bought a new Trex slider for $10....problem solved.

DAMN!!!!

Choppastyle

I had a friend do that, stopped at the booth to get a ticket for the ferry in Washington State, went to put his foot down and his laces caught the peg. Fell over like a tree falling in the woods. :) He said he was mostly embarrassed because the booth lady was hot and he was trying to be cool. :)

Took about a 150 mile ride today. The wind was harsh. I adjusted the clock and in doing so, I accidentally switched to km/h and freaked out driving through town when I looked down and saw 75 :eek: Then I totally didn't take her up to 200 :Liar: just to see the 2 in the hundred's column :innocent:

I also scrapped my right peg today :yes: I hadn't been over that far yet, so that was exciting. :cheers:

i drove home from work like a 15 y/o kid! ride it like u stole it! then quickly composed myself!

Rode about a 20 mile loop this evening after work. Just a quick one for some testing. I removed the windshield over the weekend, so I'm checking to see how it is going to feel with the naked conversion. Felt fine on the back roads doing between 40-60 mph. On the interstate, got up to 90mph and cruised at 80mph.....huge wind difference without a windshield. My neck was getting a nice workout keeping the helmet pointing forward. Overall, not too bad and I'll be able to get used to the full naked bike.

The naked kit parts are currently in route from Yamaha to Partshark then to my front door! :smokin2:

What I did

What I did today was a little maintenace on my 06 fz and when I quit for the evening, took it off the center stand, looked down and made sure the kick stand was down, next thing I know I'm pinned between the fz and my concours. I had a hell of a time getting it back up. Found out the fz mirrors fold way back. Anyway have a sore hand, got my heart rate way up straining on that beast. 76 and counting. Years that is.
Stand must not have been all the way down.
Valvestem:mad::disturbed

Some new items I got from eBay

img6230q.jpg

img6232b.jpg

I bought T-rex sliders to replace OES slider which is too short. I came with instruction manual & stikers. Nice....

img6233d.jpg

Number plate LED light

img6236v.jpg

img6239e.jpg

ZG DB screen

These items is already install to the bike except the LED. I will upload the pic soon...:)

Last edited:
Went to Hyperpro and ordered a new 3D Shock for the back and new springs and oil for the front.

Now just have to wait for the 4th of june and I can pick it up

:thewave:

New tyres and an oil change on mine today.

I've been having a good look at her and noticed a bit of corrosion on various pipes so I'm going to get onto the dealer about getting them changed under warranty.

Put on a Joe Rocket tail bag to carry my lunch to work. drove through the rain on the way home from work so had to give the bike a wash. Wishing I weren't so anal about keeping things spotless all the time.

Last edited:
I gave my baby a coolant "makeover" with engine ice. Spent the rest of the afternoon giving her that showroom finish. 2 coats of Zaino on the paint, and wheel wax. Wake up this am to wind, rain and 40 degrees! :wtf:

Damn Colorado springtime! I guess she stays warm & shiny until the good weather comes back.

Last weekend I did some painting. High-temp black on the exhaust end cap and blacked out the passenger pegs.

SDC13105.jpg

SDC13122.jpg

SDC13121.jpg

And lastnight I got her stripped down in preparation for the naked conversion kit that FedEx will be dropping off at my doorstep today.

SDC13131.jpg

SDC13130.jpg

Last edited:
Back