What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Had a nice garage day today.

1) Installed an SW Motech tankbag, mounting ring. The idea is to have one tank bag that can go between bikes.

View attachment 16452

View attachment 16453

2) Installed a replacement OEM rear shock linkage. The dealer called and said Piaggio sent out replacement links. The only difference I can see is that the old link is cast and then machine vs. the new link that is solid billet.

View attachment 16454

View attachment 16455

3) Finished installing the fairing mounted turn signals and the Piaggio universal mirrors.

View attachment 16456

In order to accomplish all of this I needed my new "Lumber Jack Hat." :rofl: As it was 30 degrees, and snow is forecasted over the next two days.

View attachment 16457

So here's the story behind the hat. Northern Tool had them on sale for $10.00. I took the whole family there and we bought four of them!

Here's Rachelle in her hat feeding the baby. "Don't you dare put this on FaceBook!!!" And where did it end up??? ;)

View attachment 16458

Finally!

All the new mods are finally installed.

These are the little Wolfman bags that fit in the ring on my Wolfman racks. Great for day trips.

The stock cargo rack is small and made of flimsy plastic. It cannot be used to fasten anything down to it.

The new AltRider luggage rack is much larger and sturdy enough to use for mount/fastening points. Beautifully crafted as well.

The new AltRider Luggage Rack installed.

Also got my new Powerlet straight to USB adapter. They just came out with these in the last few months. The old cigarette lighter adapter with USB insert was just way to freaking big and stuck straight up so far it was in the way of my tank bag.

I had to have my local shop install this. Every single fuse in the Tiger is hot all the time. I could not figure out where to get the switched power tap. Turns out Triumph has an accessory port for the own heated grips and that is it.

Got my powered Garmin GPS mount installed in to the new FuzeBlock on slot 1.

Garmin Montana 650t

HeatDemon heated grips. After trying these yesterday I am convinced that the heated grips on my VFR actually never worked. I also like the visual cue on the thumb controller that it is working. It has 5 settings. Off and 4 temp settings. It is awesome!

Nice work Brad. I'm sorry to say that I put the YZF up for the Winter this morning. :( Gave her a dose of StarTron and ran her for ten minutes, killed the petcock until she died out, started her a few more times until the floats cleared and plugged her in. It's gonna be a long Winter I'm afraid! Now I'll be living vicariously through all you southern/western riders for the next couple of months.

All the new mods are finally installed.

These are the little Wolfman bags that fit in the ring on my Wolfman racks. Great for day trips.

The stock cargo rack is small and made of flimsy plastic. It cannot be used to fasten anything down to it.

The new AltRider luggage rack is much larger and sturdy enough to use for mount/fastening points. Beautifully crafted as well.

The new AltRider Luggage Rack installed.

Also got my new Powerlet straight to USB adapter. They just came out with these in the last few months. The old cigarette lighter adapter with USB insert was just way to freaking big and stuck straight up so far it was in the way of my tank bag.

I had to have my local shop install this. Every single fuse in the Tiger is hot all the time. I could not figure out where to get the switched power tap. Turns out Triumph has an accessory port for the own heated grips and that is it.

Got my powered Garmin GPS mount installed in to the new FuzeBlock on slot 1.

Garmin Montana 650t

HeatDemon heated grips. After trying these yesterday I am convinced that the heated grips on my VFR actually never worked. I also like the visual cue on the thumb controller that it is working. It has 5 settings. Off and 4 temp settings. It is awesome!

I was wondering what you were up to. Like me, busy. Now we need some action shots! Great work by the way!

Let me know what you think about the Heat Demon grips.

Last edited:
Just pulled the legs off R6 (in addition to loads of other work I've been doing on it). This is the most disassembled it's been in my hands so far... SO many bolts.. there will surely be leftovers when it all goes back together :shaking head:

togl.jpg

My wife got me some SW Motech 20mm risers for the Tiger 800XC. I never thought 20mm would make much of a difference. ....they do!

I will probably make some bar rotation adjustments on this weekends pie run.

Back