What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

My boss always bickers about not buying himself an insurance policy on me when I mention my bike/ he lays eyes on me. He claims the premium would be o much now that he *knows* I ride. He is convinced I will become road kill I suppose.

Suzuki GS

Sorry to get off topic, and I am not sure why this just popped into my head, probably because back in the day I had a suzuki gs1150, 83 I think? But wasn't there someone here who was building an old GS? If so I would love to see an update!

Today I mounted & wired up my Denali DM1 LED spotlights with my best buddy's help. I mounted them to the fork legs to fill in below the reach of the low beam. Now I've got two LED spots, two low beams and two high beams. VFR lighting rocks :Rockon:

I'll get a photo up tomorrow. I haven't even really tested them out yet

Photo as promised. This is with all the lights on. Bad photo but it gives you an idea of the set up

OcNOx3yl.jpg

Last edited:
Jerry rigged my PIAA horn in the right hand side fairing on the DRZ. It was way to big to mount behind the radiator like the OEM one. I just drilled a hole through the panel and then made an 9" extension cable for the horn power. I need to route the cables a little better soon.

17053d1394063361-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-dsc01839.jpg

17054d1394063361-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-dsc01840.jpg

Is it loud? Like really loud?

I like to sneak up on drivers on their cell and blast the horn.

I drive off laughing, and they need to change their undies...

Changed my very first tire on a motorcycle after 23 years of riding. ;)

I replaced the OEM Bridgestone Trail Wing with Continental TKC-80 Twinduro Juts the front today. Will do the back tomorrow.

Question: The stock tire was an 80/100/21. The replacement was a 90/90/21. Will that cause me any problems?

Changed my very first tire on a motorcycle after 23 years of riding. ;)

I replaced the OEM Bridgestone Trail Wing with Continental TKC-80 Twinduro Juts the front today. Will do the back tomorrow.

Question: The stock tire was an 80/100/21. The replacement was a 90/90/21. Will that cause me any problems?

The 90/90/21 is just a "rounder" profile and should be no problem. It should be much better in the loose stuff. The narrower the better. Does your bike run tubes?

I put a new T-63 front on my bike last Saturday and it was a snap. Hardest thing is trying to get your fingers in the new tire to fish the valve stem back through the hole.

Your very first tire hey; Your skills are nearly complete young Jedi.....

I called my painter. The XV body will be finished next week!

Now I can do a proper break in and test ride. Finally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

After seeing an 82 gs that looks fairly clean for sale in my neck of the woods that build popped into my head. Thanks for that! Thought about buying it for a project but I just don't have the time or garage space,,,,maybe, someday.

You should get it and build it into a Multistrada clone! :) :)

Back