What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

With my wifes help (can't bend my right knee very far yet), we polished the wheels and exhaust and installed a Triboseat cover so she isn't sliding into me constantly. I have installed these on 3-4 different bikes now and they work great. Then, installed two new H4 Silverstar Ultra's (damn, they are expensive).

The bike looks awesome. I hope your healing up quickly. I cringe at the thought of having to keep those wheels clean!

By the way, I see a hinge pin in the picture. Is that a Mustang I'm seeing in the background?

Very, very nice! That's what my son wants now. I just love the exhaust note on the Mustangs.

The exhaust note on this one is ummmmm not a "Flowmaster" Mustang. :) It's close to 500 hp now...with a 125 shot also. Best time so far was a 10.40

Going to start tearing it down now to go through the bottom end, might go with a powerglide too. We'll see.

Fully serviced including the carbs all cleaned and synced, oil/filter changed, air filter replaced, Throttlemeister installed, factory front sprocket reinstalled (was down 2 teeth), and a brand new battery........Running like a Swiss watch now!

Carbs before clean/sync

After:
[video=youtube;YbBrdMjN9D8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbBrdMjN9D8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
Fully serviced including the carbs all cleaned and synced, oil/filter changed, air filter replaced, Throttlemeister installed, factory front sprocket reinstalled (was down 2 teeth), and a brand new battery........Running like a Swiss watch now!

Carbs before clean/sync

After:
[video=youtube;YbBrdMjN9D8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbBrdMjN9D8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The white dash is sharp!

I like it, has blue lights behind the gauges too, different. Much better than the black face/dim orange light stock gauges.

Last edited:
Not quite yet, chest and back still a little sore and my right knee still swollen on both sides. Wife is going to have the Dr get me an appt for an MRI, just to make sure....The outer ligaments are fine, worried about the inner ones. Hopefully they are ok also.
Thanks Lonney.
-Wayne

At least your alive and you have all your parts bro!! congrads on getting an even better bike. I love big bikes and that kawi is sharp. I hope you heal up soon Wayne.

Discovered that I bought the incorrect Earth X Battery to my big girl. Oops. Their CS is great. The correct size is already in the mail based on my email saying I made a mistake. The change out saves. 10.2 lbs.

We finally got the Michelin Pilot Street Radials on the 2009 Ninja 250R. My wife (Jodie) has only had the chance to put about 20-30 miles on them just riding home from the shop. She thought the radials offered a more comfortable ride and confidence that the bias ply OEM's never had.

I wish the small bikes had better tire options, but these are a good start. I'm excited to have a radial that has the Pilot Road 2 tread pattern, even though this is a single compound.

The OEM bias ply made it a little over 8000 miles in just over 4 years. The OEM are ok, but not great.

pytu3ezu.jpg
jujy2asu.jpg
ryha2uty.jpg

Cool tires for the smaller bikes! These Pilot Street are new, aren't they? I guess they replaced the Pilot Activ

Yes, they are new. Less than a year out there. I'm glad I waited and didn't order the Activ early. I don't know if they will totally replace the Activ. I know the Activ is still being sold. I don't know if it's just left over stock, or if they are still being made. I think the Activ are still in production.

The front Street only comes in 110/70-17 54H and the rear only comes in 130/70-17 62H or 140/70-17 66H. The 130 fits the Ninja 250R, the CBR 250R and the 140 fits the Ninja 300. I don't know what other bikes use that tire, but I suspect many 250s do.

[video=youtube;p6yvqKyqC0E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6yvqKyqC0E[/video]

We finally got the Michelin Pilot Street Radials on the 2009 Ninja 250R. My wife (Jodie) has only had the chance to put about 20-30 miles on them just riding home from the shop. She thought the radials offered a more comfortable ride and confidence that the bias ply OEM's never had.

I wish the small bikes had better tire options, but these are a good start. I'm excited to have a radial that has the Pilot Road 2 tread pattern, even though this is a single compound.

The OEM bias ply made it a little over 8000 miles in just over 4 years. The OEM are ok, but not great.

pytu3ezu.jpg
jujy2asu.jpg
ryha2uty.jpg

Uh...........Time for a wash pal! :poke:

Uh...........Time for a wash pal! :poke:

Watch it, that's my wife. I wash her when necessary. ;)

Sadly, unless I get covers or a new garage, it does little good to wash the bikes. There is a gravel ally behind our garage. The garage has no door now (it's in really bad shape.) Delivery trucks drive through the ally for the grocery store next door and everything gets coated in dust. It's painful to have such dirty bikes all the time, but you are right.

I told the guy changing the tires he could clean it too, but he didn't. Hehehhe.

He used dyna-beads to balance. I know others have had good luck with them. Anything I should look out for?

Watch it, that's my wife. I wash her when necessary. ;)

Sadly, unless I get covers or a new garage, it does little good to wash the bikes. There is a gravel ally behind our garage. The garage has no door now (it's in really bad shape.) Delivery trucks drive through the ally for the grocery store next door and everything gets coated in dust. It's painful to have such dirty bikes all the time, but you are right.

I told the guy changing the tires he could clean it too, but he didn't. Hehehhe.

He used dyna-beads to balance. I know others have had good luck with them. Anything I should look out for?

Hahahahaha!!! :rofl: Good one Troy!! I hear ya about the garage. I will say that since I've done the half of my roof I only had one small leak on the side I hadn't yet done. I sprayed it with that Flex-Seal stuff and Bingo!, no more leak. Dry as a bone inside. Just a thought.

As for the Dyna Beads, I've been using them without problems on the last 6 or 7 sets of tires and 3 bikes. Things to remember:

1. Remove the Valve Stem the night before and leave it out so any moisture dries up before inserting the beads.
2. Pouring them in on an angle is easier than straight up and down. Bring the stem up to the 4 or 8 O' clock position.
3. Make sure to remove any old weights you may have on the rims.

Took the SV1000S out for a ride to Newcomb's Ranch. Ran in to a fellow English rider.

Attachments

• We're back!.jpg
    We're back!.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Back