What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Prep for Trip

I loaded the tracks for next week's Washington Ride, into my GPS, and did a software update to the "Montana". Pulled out my passport and will later roll the bike down off the lift and get the bags on it. I need to hit the camera store for a new battery for the Canon, as it is not holding a charge like it used to.

Last edited:
I loaded the tracks for next week's Washington Ride, into my GPS, and did a software update to the "Montana". Pulled out my passport and will later roll the bike down off the lift and get the bags on it. I need to hit the camera store for a new battery for the Canon, as it is not holding a charge like it used to.

Where ya headed too? I'm station here in WA. Just south of Seattle.

Ready for launch

Well that wasn't all that painful..... And the bike is raedy to ride. I installed the new fuel shut-off for the right tank.

New one in place.

The broken part.

Of course it was broken in the open position so I had to quickly switch over the cross-over line for a drain line into a gas can. I spilled a bit in the process but it evaporates fast.

Then I rolled the bike off the stand and re-organized a bit so I'll have room during the riding season, which starts on Thursday!

That felt good!

Oil and filter change on the XR600. Getting ready for some travels through our beautiful National Forest up here in north Idaho. The best part is no trailering, can head out right here, from our front door:-}

Sherry had her first day of training in the local high school parking lot this morning. She was basically just practicing the friction zone while walking the bike combined with getting used to the front brake. I don't think she ever got above 5mph. Up until today all we had done is practice controls and friction zone in the garage. She has done pretty darn good and has not stalled it even once. That is except for the one time she toppled over today. ;) She was fine and laughing about it and got right back on to continue. Wife and bike are fine. The frame sliders saved the bike. Great investment.

[video=youtube;yt6KZmnwYu0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt6KZmnwYu0[/video]

P.S. Even though the bike only has 400 miles on it I took it in to get all the fluids changed. It has been sitting for 3 years after all. ;)

Last edited:
I received my Double Take mirrors and RAM mounts.

The idea is they break off or the mount breaks before the master cylinder or clutch cylinder breaks.

Given that I auger in once a ride I need these!

Thanks for all of the advice Lee.

uploadfromtaptalk1400117536816.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The new ride on the trailer.

IMG_2632_zpsff693ea1.jpg

And at it's new digs!

IMG_2635_zps083aa09e.jpg

CB is the best color, Been riding the NH as much as I can. 2 miles short of rolling the 18K mark now, tank will be empty and that mark met when I get home today. Then time to rip her down. Rode up to Bellingham last night via country roads and Chuck OH Nut if you know of it. Fallow's the back on a cliffy area, My first made Bike Night this season. The folks up there are very mellow. Fallowed some dude outa there for about 15 miles of tight twisty stuff and I wish I had that GoPro on it was a rush. He was a DRZ 400 Super Moto and I had a hard time keeping up on the NH, Corse he knows the road and was trying to shake me.

Crashed my C3 today. Poor little fellow! I was asking for more lean than it had and I levered the rear up and down I went. I was right in front of my house so I just picked it up and went into the garage to straighten out my hand guards.

This scooter deserves a nicer owner ;)

h1Zbn9ul.jpg

Lk6kUvBl.jpg

Last edited:
I think you NEED a set of these. I have them and they are great when you go off road. Just fold one or both down. No fear of breaking anything like brake lever or clutch lever brackets.

Doubletake Folding Mirrors: Doubletake Mirror

It just occurred to me I can take care of two bikes with one set of these. I just need the mounts for both bikes. I am going to go ahead and order. Wish they would come out with some different shapes.

Back