What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Yeah, just fine. I only fell from 4 inches off the ground or something. lolup Last time I crashed the C3 was in deep snow in the winter. The snow was only a little bit softer

I think falling off a bicycle would be more painful

It just occurred to me I can take care of two bikes with one set of these. I just need the mounts for both bikes. I am going to go ahead and order. Wish they would come out with some different shapes.

They are odd looking huh?

I've not ridden with them yet. Maybe next weekend? Lots of travel for work for several weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I have arranged for someone to provide off-road training at Hidden Falls Adventure park on the last Saturday of this month. Any chance you could make it out?

Rolled the FZ1 out today for some odds and ends. I needed to remove the Bar Spacers and bring the bars back down to stock height. I also noticed the coolant reservoir was below the proper level so I topped that off as well. Then I just spent some time cleaning up the undertail and other bits and pieces before covering her up again until she's registered.

I removed the Spacers from beneath the bars to get it down to stock height. I also re-adjusted the clutch and brake levers to where they are comfortable for me.

IMG_0586_zps68612646.jpg

Back down to stock. Just need to reinstall the caps.

IMG_0587_zpsdcfce39f.jpg

Next I topped off the coolant level to "full".

IMG_0589_zpsd7f4e091.jpg

I had never checked below the seat for the tool kit but it was there and it was complete. Nice and clean under the seat!

IMG_0590_zps97395f53.jpg

IMG_0591_zpsdf281dc9.jpg

After the necessary things were done I pulled up my rolling seat and cleaned up the rear of the bike. Not that it wasn't already clean, but just gave it the "once over" to clean out some of the dust from sitting.

IMG_0597_zps83fe2aaa.jpg

IMG_0595_zpsc04fbf1c.jpg

IMG_0601_zps1c18b83b.jpg

IMG_0600_zps8938cae7.jpg

So that was how I spent my Sunday afternoon. She's looking absolutely gorgeous and is ready to roll!

IMG_0593_zpsa2a1310d.jpg

IMG_0605_zpsb8f0ddd2.jpg

IMG_0584_zps25dcd35c.jpg

Oh, and while I was outside I got a call from a prospective buyer for the YZF1000. He is supposedly coming to see it on Monday or Tuesday evening. He seemed serious on the phone and was looking specifically for a 97' YZF so we'll see what happens.

Wow Dustin, that's weird, I just finished doing the same thing to my 990. The clutch fluid was dirty, but the brake fluid looked super clean still. New dot 5.1 went in anyway.

I finally installed the fancy clutch cover, and damn it's flashy!

Last edited:
Now that is fancy alright Lee. As much as my bike naps I'd hate to take it off road. It the clutch wet or dry?

Now that is fancy alright Lee. As much as my bike naps I'd hate to take it off road. It the clutch wet or dry?

It is a dry sump engine but a wet clutch. These are torture tested and the skid plate protects it better than it appears. The polycarbonate behind the titanium plate is tough as nails.

With my wifes help (can't bend my right knee very far yet), we polished the wheels and exhaust and installed a Triboseat cover so she isn't sliding into me constantly. I have installed these on 3-4 different bikes now and they work great. Then, installed two new H4 Silverstar Ultra's (damn, they are expensive).

Last edited:
It looks great! I am impressed that your wife would help with the bike.

She actually enjoys helping out and learning new things. She's from a suburb of Detroit and grew up in a townhouse (even graduated from a Lutheran School system) so never really experienced too many things. Don't ask me what she see's in me because I have no idea, definitely way out of my league. LOL.

Back