What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Tires on! I'll reserve judgement until I do more than the 45 km commute to my girlfriend's place in the city. I also had him re-torque the head bearings a bit and it seems to have cured the bit of chattering I was getting under braking and over bumps

Next up is fork oil, seals and a rebuild for the rear shock

Tires on! I'll reserve judgement until I do more than the 45 km commute to my girlfriend's place in the city. I also had him re-torque the head bearings a bit and it seems to have cured the bit of chattering I was getting under braking and over bumps

Next up is fork oil, seals and a rebuild for the rear shock

How long before that commute is non-existent? You have met each other's parents after all right?

I'd like that commute to go away soon but I'm taking care of my Mom at the moment. She's got a history of brain injuries and also some physical disabilities so she needs some support and care :)

I'd like that commute to go away soon but I'm taking care of my Mom at the moment. She's got a history of brain injuries and also some physical disabilities so she needs some support and care :)

Ike you could use some help. ;). Just sayin... Lol

PS sorry about you mom. We will keep her in our thoughts and send good energy her way.

Another great Saturday ride, beautiful weather too.

5D9ABA39-1250-48E0-993D-1818C1A4D0C8_zpsazs03jlc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Took a break at a roadside park next to Lake Michigan...

Last edited:
Tested a new video angle

I spent $20.00 on a paint roller extension and made a GoPro Boom. Zip tied it on and away we went.

Video to come. It is like sitting pillion, if you are tall. ;)

[video=youtube;6eHcWuw2k9w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eHcWuw2k9w&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;S_OFP86ocUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_OFP86ocUM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
I hit 40,000 miles on the ST today!! I got it her new with 2 miles on it. Its never burned a drop of oil and has never left me stranded in seven years. She eats tires though but the 45-50 mpg and the 300 mile tank makes up for it!!

Thats a great looking bike, I love the color silver! Funny you posted this though, last Saturday I was filling the tank and taking a break drinking some water in a TINY little town even further north of me and some locals were riding around, a blue ST, a couple of older Honda's and Suzuki's, a R6, and 3-4 Harleys. They passed by the station a couple times while I was sitting in the shade. Anyhow, as soon as I took off down the road the ST decided to pull up next to me and blipped the throttle a few times......so off we went. I thought those had more power than that, I pulled away from him hard instantly. There are absolutely no ZZR's (well, except 600's) around here so maybe he didn't realize what I was on. Or, maybe he did and was just wanting to have a little fun. LOL.

Playing around with Guzzi Diag software. It gives full parameter adjustment and can burn new maps to the ECU. It can be used on geese ducks and apes. The whole animal kingdom.

It's pretty cool. I can reset the TPS with a click of a button. Change CO sets, turn O2 sensors on and off, adjust injector duty cycle, etc. Freeware too.

I'll post up some screenshots later this week. The interface is so simple to use. Essentially this replaces the factory OBD2 device.

Last edited:
Thats a great looking bike, I love the color silver! Funny you posted this though, last Saturday I was filling the tank and taking a break drinking some water in a TINY little town even further north of me and some locals were riding around, a blue ST, a couple of older Honda's and Suzuki's, a R6, and 3-4 Harleys. They passed by the station a couple times while I was sitting in the shade. Anyhow, as soon as I took off down the road the ST decided to pull up next to me and blipped the throttle a few times......so off we went. I thought those had more power than that, I pulled away from him hard instantly. There are absolutely no ZZR's (well, except 600's) around here so maybe he didn't realize what I was on. Or, maybe he did and was just wanting to have a little fun. LOL.

Thanks Mich Noo way she will keep up with your kawi or any 600 ss inline in a drag race the 750 pounds and shaft kills it!!! The V4 is super smooth and the elec. windshield have me hooked!!

Thanks Mich Noo way she will keep up with your kawi or any 600 ss inline in a drag race the 750 pounds and shaft kills it!!! The V4 is super smooth and the elec. windshield have me hooked!!

I had an '04 FJR with those also......LOVED those features, just too many other things about the bike I didn't like.

Back