What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Very Cool!

Bought this badass trail/offroad bike. KTM 640 LC4 thumper. Hope I don't kill myself! LOL I'll show pics of the actual bike - big skid plate, steel-braided lines... and yeah - electric start in addition to a kicker (left side??). Ready to spit some gravel!

They are a tall bike and a bit on the vibey side. It will be a blast off road, just don't plan long highway runs on it.

TONS of ground clearance.

Bought this badass trail/offroad bike. KTM 640 LC4 thumper. Hope I don't kill myself! LOL I'll show pics of the actual bike - big skid plate, steel-braided lines... and yeah - electric start in addition to a kicker (left side??). Ready to spit some gravel!

I love this bike. Was checking it out every time I went to MU the past few weeks.

Did a valve check on my KTM 690. Everything still in specs (only 4000 mi). Love my Pit Posse high lift workstand. I didn't have to bend over to work on the bike! I'll try to get a pic soon.

Cheers,

MrHix

They are a tall bike and a bit on the vibey side. It will be a blast off road, just don't plan long highway runs on it.

TONS of ground clearance.

Yup - short-runs, but I am trailer-ready for road-trips...

I can JUST touch tip-toes, but I'm getting the suspension adjusted for my weight Saturday and will hopefully get a bit more resting cushion.

Since Jeff has not done it I figure I would tease everyone with some photos of his actual bike.... Looks like a twin. I thought it was a thumper.

17136d1395405886-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-ktmlc4_1.jpg

17137d1395405886-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-ktmlc4_2.jpg

Since Jeff has not done it I figure I would tease everyone with some photos of his actual bike.... Looks like a twin. I thought it was a thumper.

17136d1395405886-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-ktmlc4_1.jpg

17137d1395405886-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-ktmlc4_2.jpg

It's a single - 4-stroke - 4 valves per cylinder. Interesting growl. I hadn't thought about seeing those two tubes! But they come out of the one cylinder...

Those pics are awesome Brad!

Lots of Singles have two exhaust ports into a single tail pipe, some have 2 plugs and 2 exhaust pipes as well (BMW).

I know a couple of guys with 640's and rode with one of them on one of the rally's.

Last edited:
Adjusted the aim of my LED spot lights on the VFR. Now that I'm back to commuting on the bike again, I should have ample opportunity to test the aim

Low, medium & high:
dCdHtZgl.jpg

Delayed Riding Season??

I slipped at the front door (sheet of ice) at work about 15 minutes ago and as I went down I heard a weird crunch in my right ankle and considering the intense pain, think I broke it!! I can't put any pressure on it, AT ALL, and it's finally going numb. I have to laugh, If anyone could see me trying to hop around, sweating profusely. Loosened my shoe since it is starting to swell. I'm the only one at work this early so I'll go see a doc later. SHIT SHIT. I did manage to get some salt down out front so no one else takes a dive. I'll tell the doc to make the cast the shape of an MX boot so I can ride when this white shit disappears!!

Hey if you can't laugh about it......:banghead:

I slipped at the front door (sheet of ice) at work about 15 minutes ago and as I went down I heard a weird crunch in my right ankle and considering the intense pain, think I broke it!! I can't put any pressure on it, AT ALL, and it's finally going numb. I have to laugh, If anyone could see me trying to hop around, sweating profusely. Loosened my shoe since it is starting to swell. I'm the only one at work this early so I'll go see a doc later. SHIT SHIT. I did manage to get some salt down out front so no one else takes a dive. I'll tell the doc to make the cast the shape of an MX boot so I can ride when this white shit disappears!!

Hey if you can't laugh about it......:banghead:

Plenty of time to heal before August!

Damn Oldschool that sux. Knocked my back out yesterday cutting fire wood, not walking to good here. Thinking of that mud slide over the weekend not far from my place. Very sad story.

Last edited:

Hey if you can't laugh about it......:banghead:[/

I hope nothing is broke get better soon Oldskool!!

Back