What GPS system do you have?

Tom Tom XL Europe car-model.
Using it on the bike, I place it in my tankbag under the transparent bag. Not ideal, I know....considering getting me a Garmin Zumo for the bike next season

If you have a smartphone, running windows operating system, there is an program for the mobile phone from Live Search that is pretty decent. It also acts as a phone book, search nearby restaurants, movies, gas prices, and maybe a few more things. Turn by Turn and real time GPS location.

If I'm looking for something more reliable, Colorado 400T, only downfall is it just loves sucking AA batteries dry.

BroHay

Gps

I have used a Garmin C330 for three years now. It's really not water proof but I have ridden in some good rains with a baggy over it and it's fine. You can get them used for about $100 and the navigation is superb. They also have quite a few nice features for a low end GPS like night/day auto changeover and a zillion POI's and plenty of memory.

I never ride in the rain, although that baggy trick would probably work just fine if you happened to get caught in a flash shower. The waterproof models are a bit more money although the prices in general have really been coming down drastically.

I have Garmin Nuvi 200 or 260 cant remember. I got it at Walmart for under $150, for what I use it for its great. Not waterproof but I have zip locks on board and a waterproof pocket on my jacket. It does have the day/night auto changeover which is really handy. I did get a Ram mount that I modded a bit with a sawzaw and velcro. That way I can leave the standard/included mount in the truck and just move the GPS to the bike. The mount seemed kind of expensive but once it was on the bike I felt it was well worth it.
On my GS500 I just had it velcro'd on an generic Radio Shack radar detector bracket from the 80's...all of about $5.00. Bent it out a bit and stuck the little suction cups on the windscreen...worked great.:thumbup:

The Ram mount is a bit expensive but a friend of mine has one and once I saw it I was convinced that it is the way to go. It's heavy duty and has a positive locking system as to keep the GPS unit in place without worry about it coming off while riding.

Gps

I have had a Garmin Zumo 550 for some time now and I am extremely happy with it. Having moved from the Streetpilot III to the Zumo it has proved to be very useful. I like the bluetooth capability as I have my phone patched through the Zumo and it works great.

Gps

Got spoiled for X-Mas and received a Garmin Zumo 550. Comes with car and bike supports, 12 volt cable for bike and lighter cable for car. It has bluetooth can accept satellite radio, the whole bit... Also waterproof, vibration resistant, sturdy, high luminescence screen. Haven't tried it on the bike yet but works great in the car. Super nice but pricey. Got it for $729 CDN refurbished at GPS Central in Canada instead of around a $1000 new. Super efficient service and fast delivery.

Careful with those appealing NewYork prices over the net, apparently grey market items, no warranty, bad translation if not in chinese only, accessories not included, etc...

Ron60

My friend got his GPS last summer, and promptly set up a route, called a bunch of his friends,(myself included) and with the gizmo mounted on his tank bag, we went on a great ride. That is until he rearended a van full of female college lacrosse players. Fortunately, he did no real damage, he managed to bleed off enough speed before tapping the van, but it scared the shit out of him(30 years riding experience). He did, however, get a phone number, from one of the girls in the van. She was the very hot 40something divorced coach, and they're getting married next fall!
The Moral: If you're going to get distracted by your GPS, make damn sure that you:
1. cover the front brake
2. don't speed
3. hit a van full of hot lacrosse babes:drools:

I use a Garmin Nuvi 350.
2008 FZ1 - Granite Gray - I just got it, so no farkles on it yet, although I've ordered frame sliders, a Puig Racing windshield, fender eliminator, bar end helmet locks, Yamaha comfort seat, a Corbin Smuggler and I'm eyeing some carbon fiber farkles. Somebody stop me before I go broke!

Back