What GPS system do you have?

I use a Garmin Zumo 550. Very good bit of kit....designed specifically for bikes. I hook it up to my Powerlets Products Powerbar. It has the ability to take a Ram ball to fit the Garmin. Really nice all round. Got one on the MT-01 and one on the FZ1 Naked:D

Garmin streetpilot 2610. Not the latest but it is waterproof and find fuel when I need it
3414576288_69783c3e86.jpg

I use a GPS on the cheap!
Garmin Nuvi 200W.

Not intended for motorcycles so I use the suction cup holder that I use in the car mounted on the tach. (I don't need a tach when I travel, especially when I can pretty much tell the rpms by looking at the speed in each gear).

If it's raining, I cover it with a zip-lock bag.

Garmin 765T with a RAM mount and Aquabox. SAE (battery tender lead) to ciggy adapter that I've zip-tied inside the left fairing.

I plan on the Zumo 660 next spring so I can use BT instead of the FM transmitter. I receive my GPS through the Scala Rider Q2 headset.

I use an IPAQ 3975 pda with a haicom hi-305 cf gps and Delorme Street Atlas. That way I can have mp3's, books, movies, etc. in one system.

I've upgraded my software to iGo8 but i still use the same system. I got tired of transferring maps with SA. I have mine mounted to my tank bag. I have a motocomm and use it to connect to the gps or mp3 player until I get a mixer to connect both at once. I installed a ciggy adapter into the left fairing panel and use a Radio Shack extension to keep most of the cords hidden in the tank bag.

I'll put in a plug for the Garmin Quest. Works very well with a RAM mount, and has battery life that is actually usable. You can run all day on the lithium battery and recharge it at night. Map display is smaller than the Zumo or Nuvi, but the detail is superior to them. I've used it on my last three bikes - touring and day rides - and no need to wire the bike for it.

This garmen you speak of.... you say it has headphone capability...? Does it give you the ability to hear the driving instructions the GPS's computer generated voice issues?
Garmin Zumo 550 for me...... linked to a Scala Rider headset. Works just fine in and around the UK and Europe.

Back