What is your "wave" protocol

Your "wave" protocol

• Wave to all motorized 2-wheel riders-including scooters.

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Wave to fellow motorcyclists ONLY

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Wave to fellow Sportbike riders ONLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Acknowledge with less than a full wave, such as a nod.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Wave ONLY if waved at.

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Do nothing except pay attention to the road and riding conditions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I wave to all and expect nothing in return. ..as long as it is safe to do so. All two wheen drivers here are pretty good about returning that wave.

The way I see it, if I do not wave a particular bikes I am absolutely no better than them. Sport riders all ready have a tarnished image in the eyes of cruiser riders and the pupulous in general. We are the only ones who can change it. A friendly wave is a good start. Not waving only perpetuates the devide.

Nod to everyone in gear. If this means giving the nod to a scooter rider....good on 'em for wearing gear I say.

Safer to nod than pull a hand off the bars. I also give the nod while hanging off the bike with a peg on the deck. Nod FTW...lol.
I think you'v got it right, how many incidents have happened from the obligatory wave, sometimes its just not safe, thuss the Nod.

I wave at all two wheeled motorized vehicles when it is safe to do so. I have even waved at a few bicycles. The bicycle riders don't wave back, they are probably wondering if they know the person that just waved at them. I have not been riding that long, 2 years. Very rarely a cruiser bike may not return the wave, but it it rare.

Unless on a slab or some tricky tight twistie stuff, I love waving at bikes, including the moto cops.

Riding is dangerous, and for many reasons. Helps to keep up good feelings just in case you need someone to stop to check up on things. All riders do that, I think.

I have even waved at a few bicycles. The bicycle riders don't wave back, they are probably wondering if they know the person that just waved at them. I have not been riding that long, 2 years. Very rarely a cruiser bike may not return the wave, but it it rare.

hey, I do this, too. My loop is very rural, but some hard core bicycle dudes get way out there. They know I'd turn around if they waved me down, and if I bin over a cliff, I'd be thinking about one of them first!

Back