Which bike??

990? Now you boys are talking, tons o fun-even at the track.
IMG_2685_zpsea1d0525.jpg

However I can't see the SMT as a great 2up bike

Actually I think the Man Strom (1000cc) would be a real good bike for what the op needs. Throw a top case on the Strom and you would be all set for 2 up riding. Find a used one, save big bucks and ride it for a few months. If you don't like it sell it without taking the big hit of selling a purchased new bike.

V Strom?

Had never thought much of the V Strom but had a new one stop next to me at a light and we were side by side for about a mile. Just from what I could see driving next to him it looked like a pretty nice ride. I was surpri fly impressed, might be worth a test ride?

Brian, as I was cruising along at a buck ten today I thought of you. What about a Stelvio? It has the best seats in the world, tons of torque, and a bitchin' sound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Good input guys. The Strom is just not my cup of tea. I'd just buy a Concours or FJR before going that route since both would just be to ride 2 up.

Pete, I'm just not a Guzzi guy. Takes a certain breed to go for one of those!

Well, I'm not holding it in any longer. Yes, with the exception of a major debacle, I'll be riding a beautiful 2007 Retro Kitted FZ1!!! Sorry Brian, but it's just too hard to keep it in so close to riding season. :D I know I always say this but this WILL BE my very last bike. Not going to change stuff except a slip-on if it's back to stock form and nothing else. This will be the ride that I do just that, RIDE! Oh, I'm sure there will be a cleaning in her future somewhere down the line, but that's all. As for the YZF, for now she will remain in the stable.......Hey! I can finally say that I have a "Stable"!!! Hahahaha!! It's only two but a stable nonetheless! If the right person comes along I may sell the YZF but I'd probably regret it afterwards so I'll keep her insured and registered for now and use her for some short Mountain rides!:D

Well done Billy, great to see you back on a FZ1 and it's a real purty one too.

Well done Billy, great to see you back on a FZ1 and it's a real purty one too.

Thanks BM! I can't wait to actually have her here. Right now the weather and my son's car is stopping me from hooking up the trailer. Good thing is that Richie's car is leaving Thursday morning to finally have the motor dropped in so I get my garage back. Gonna clean things up and get everything situated first and also give Brian some time to enjoy it a bit longer. When he's ready to part with her I'll be ready to pick her up.

Good input guys. The Strom is just not my cup of tea. I'd just buy a Concours or FJR before going that route since both would just be to ride 2 up.

Pete, I'm just not a Guzzi guy. Takes a certain breed to go for one of those!

I know you're busy. Come down/over when you can and take the bikes out.

As Yoda may have said, or should have said, "Patience brother."

That would be quite a trip for a test ride, but I appreciate the offer!

Bummer the Tuono V4 passenger accommodations are so bad.

Starting to consider the possibility of the BMW S1000R. Just can't go there until I sit on one and the wife tells me how the passenger seat is!

I'll have to heed the words of Yoda listed above.

Okay, to update this thread, I purchased an FZ8 today to use as the family bike.

Now I don't need to have one bike for everything and can start considering something just for me now.

Really torn between something like an MV Agusta Rivale, Brutale, or KTM SuperDuke R.

What are the thoughts between those 3?

Okay, to update this thread, I purchased an FZ8 today to use as the family bike.

Now I don't need to have one bike for everything and can start considering something just for me now.

Really torn between something like an MV Agusta Rivale, Brutale, or KTM SuperDuke R.

What are the thoughts between those 3?

Rivale.......UGLY!!!! Brutale :Rockon: In Red/Silver though!

Posting for Dustin!

I know Dustin is on the road, tired and probably sleeping right now but feel I should throw a vote for the Multistrada in for him!

Back