Which bike??

You guys are all nuts!

Pete, thanks for the info. I had my wife and daughter sit on the FZ09 and they said it was a terrible bike for a passenger. If the Tuono V4R has terrible passenger accommodations, it may get stripped from the list. I know Billy and Johnny will be bummed to hear that.

Lonney, I used to own a 2005 FJR1300 and loved it, but I'm kind of in a different place right now I think. If I could find a new one for a deal I couldn't refuse I might consider it.

No-one has any opinions on the Triumph? I've just kind of gotten to the point where having 150hp on the street isn't really fun anymore, and it's even less fun on the track for me. I like to shift a bit, and doing track days on my CBR1000RR really taught me it's more fun to use more gears than just shifting through 2 or three of them a lap.

I still can't get over Billy is getting the FZ1. I bought that bike with 0 on the odometer. I'm so happy for him, but just so he has something to do I will make sure I leave some dirt on it for him to clean off.

Like Pete said, the FZ8 doesn't do much for me either, but for $7,000 brand new it's hard not to consider just to use as a passenger bike for the wife and kid. I really wanted the FZ09 to work but it just didn't. Hard seat and the passenger pegs are way too high according to my passengers.

You guys are all nuts!

Pete, thanks for the info. I had my wife and daughter sit on the FZ09 and they said it was a terrible bike for a passenger. If the Tuono V4R has terrible passenger accommodations, it may get stripped from the list. I know Billy and Johnny will be bummed to hear that.

Lonney, I used to own a 2005 FJR1300 and loved it, but I'm kind of in a different place right now I think. If I could find a new one for a deal I couldn't refuse I might consider it.

No-one has any opinions on the Triumph? I've just kind of gotten to the point where having 150hp on the street isn't really fun anymore, and it's even less fun on the track for me. I like to shift a bit, and doing track days on my CBR1000RR really taught me it's more fun to use more gears than just shifting through 2 or three of them a lap.

I still can't get over Billy is getting the FZ1. I bought that bike with 0 on the odometer. I'm so happy for him, but just so he has something to do I will make sure I leave some dirt on it for him to clean off.

Like Pete said, the FZ8 doesn't do much for me either, but for $7,000 brand new it's hard not to consider just to use as a passenger bike for the wife and kid. I really wanted the FZ09 to work but it just didn't. Hard seat and the passenger pegs are way too high according to my passengers.

Hey! No dirt on that baby mister!!!! :poke:

That's a definite!!! Will there be an unveiling soon???

I wouldn't say soon. I've drawn up my plans, I have most of the tools I need to do this (a small hint is that metal band saw thread) and I hope to have enough to participate in an awesome group buy next month to seal the package. In the meantime, I need to take a day off and get to a wholesale metal supply!!!

I'm excited that you're getting a Gen II. Please, PLEASE get Ivan to flash the ECU.... you will not regret it!!! Or, before you do, give mine a try to see if it is what you'd want? Mad performance aside, his flash does so much more to make the bike enjoyable. Totally different beast.

I wouldn't say soon. I've drawn up my plans, I have most of the tools I need to do this (a small hint is that metal band saw thread) and I hope to have enough to participate in an awesome group buy next month to seal the package. In the meantime, I need to take a day off and get to a wholesale metal supply!!!

I'm excited that you're getting a Gen II. Please, PLEASE get Ivan to flash the ECU.... you will not regret it!!! Or, before you do, give mine a try to see if it is what you'd want? Mad performance aside, his flash does so much more to make the bike enjoyable. Totally different beast.

I'd first probably go for a Yoshi pipe in black first and then maybe a flash. I won't be changing anything else on the bike at all. It has pretty much everything I would want already in terms of bells and whistles. Anyhow, I don't want this to become my bike thread. Sorry to Brian for the highjack. Didn't mean to.

I hope you like the bike Billy :) I am in the market too and confused as what to get. My top two throughts are either an FZ1 and work on the vibration more than I did on the FZ1 I sold, or FJR.

I still think it's the right time to let her go...and you know why I think that!

You are probably right my boy! I just need to find a good home for her. Or, maybe save her for Richie when he's finally ready to get back on two wheels. It's docile enough for him and he's only getting bigger and should fit it just fine. Father/Son Rides again!!!!!!! WooHoo!!!!!

I'd first probably go for a Yoshi pipe in black first and then maybe a flash. I won't be changing anything else on the bike at all. It has pretty much everything I would want already in terms of bells and whistles. Anyhow, I don't want this to become my bike thread. Sorry to Brian for the highjack. Didn't mean to.

You are so funny my brother! I think there are 3 threads where you say you won't change anything, then one person suggests a reflash and you're changing the exhaust and the ecu!!

It's just impossible to resist for all of us, isn't it?

:thewave:

All these responses and no-one has really touched on the Street Triple R??? Is that just a bike many people aren't familiar with? I've ridden them and they are a blast!

Still looking for input.

I had (or still have) a street triple after moving over here to the us from Aus and buying an fz1.

I love the extra power of the fz1 and it's road holding (since it's got an r1 front) but what I miss is the character and nimbleness of the street.

They are a fantastic bike and I used mine two up with a rack. Coming from an fz1 you will notice the power difference but I guarantee if you test one with an arrow pipe, the combination of noise and feel will leave you smiling. So much fun to ride as they are light and you need very little throttle respect - a bike you can ride near the limit all the time.

To give you an idea I originally was looking for a good all rounder and almost got a vfr800. As soon as I rode the street, that was that, my inner hooligan made the call. I also rode the speed, but preferred the engine of the street.

I toured on mine too and found it fine but had only previously ridden a cb250 and cb400 before that so I had a limited idea of a 'touring' bike.

Let me know if you have any questions.

My only experience with the Street triple is a guy who works in my building buying a new one.... and nearly every time I asked him to go for a ride, he says "Can't... it's in the shop." Electrical issues, starter issues, fueling issues, etc.... he only had 2100 miles on it and got rid of it. That one bike alone soured any taste I may have had to own one.

It's not going to be easy to move to a smaller bike AND get a good two-up experience. How about a V-Strom? They look comfortable, I know they can corner and they can tour.... http://delaware.craigslist.org/mcd/4314352343.html

01616_13OxFcoQhpD_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Try out an FZ-09 if you can. I rode one last week with upgraded suspension and I really enjoyed it. I have a 29" inseam and can nearly flat foot on the FZ-09. It's light, powerful and reasonably priced.

My only experience with the Street triple is a guy who works in my building buying a new one.... and nearly every time I asked him to go for a ride, he says "Can't... it's in the shop." Electrical issues, starter issues, fueling issues, etc.... he only had 2100 miles on it and got rid of it. That one bike alone soured any taste I may have had to own one.

It's not going to be easy to move to a smaller bike AND get a good two-up experience. How about a V-Strom? They look comfortable, I know they can corner and they can tour.... http://delaware.craigslist.org/mcd/4314352343.html

01616_13OxFcoQhpD_600x450.jpg

Thats a nice bike and a sweet deal and powersportseast are good people to deal with. I might go check that baby out tom.

I Had To

All these responses and no-one has really touched on the Street Triple R??? Is that just a bike many people aren't familiar with? I've ridden them and they are a blast!

Still looking for input.

These are nice and can be had fairly cheap now, even new. :poke: Between $9,000 & $11,000 average down in the US according to NADA.

And think of all the how to pictures that I can help you with;)> and the rear seat is better than the FZ's with nice big grab/(holy shit) handles. You'd love the suspension!

Last edited:
Back